strolls

The sound of chirping birds filled Shikamaru's ears as he started to wake up from his slumber. He shuffled around a bit on his bed, stretching his legs out before opening his eyes. Blinking a few time, he found his face nuzzled on Naruto's neck and his arms around his waist.

He pulled his head up, looking over Naruto's shoulder to see the time and then back down seeing it was 7:50 am.  He pulled Naruto closer towards him, nuzzling his nose onto his neck and showering a few kisses on it.

"Mm Shika, stop that tickles"

Though Naruto said to stop, his actions were completely opposite. His arms slid around Shikamaru's head and tiredly wrapped his arms around it, fingers threading through his hair gently. He then pulled his face closer to his neck, burying his face onto Shikamaru's hair, releasing a deep sigh.

Shikamaru simply chuckled at the action, kissing Naruto's neck once more before scooting up to kiss his right eye. Naruto peaked to look at him, a small grin curling on his lips.

Shikamaru sat up from his position, resting his upper body on one elbow while the other arm caresses his lover's cheek. It was still new to see Naruto's whole face but he's glad to see his full reactions now.

"Morning Naru"

Naruto savored the moment for a bit, curling into himself as his heart fluttered happily. Out of nowhere, he pulled himself off the bed and threw himself onto Shikamaru, causing the two to fall right back onto the bed.

"Hm?"

Naruto laughed softly, moving his body from Shikamaru's chest and kissed him on the lips briefly.

"Mornin Shika"

Shikamaru hummed a soft sound, hand landing on Naruto's head and rubbed his hair down. Naruto allowed him to do so, the two being oh-so in love with each other in the middle of 8 in the morning.

After a couple of minutes passes by, the two finally got up from their bed and prepare for the day. Shikamaru was the first to finish, he was waiting at the back of his house until Naruto finished up.

He was leaning against one of the boards, feeling the wind blow against his body. He had something for the two of them to do today instead of being inside the house. Naruto has been stuck inside or around the back for a while now and even though it was never mentioned, Shikamaru knows he's feeling a bit gloomy about it.

After all, being stuck home all day can get boring when there is not a lot of things to do. Especially for someone like Naruto who thrives on doing things.

"Oh Shikamaru, you're awake now"

Turning his neck to the side, he saw his father walking down the hallway. Shikaku looked to be carrying some books and documents with him, probably on his way to his office room.

"I'm surprised you are dad" Shikamaru greeted back, waving a hand up lazily before tucking it back inside his pocket.

Shikaku shrugged his shoulders, "Duty calls, I've got a pile of work to finish up. Also there's a letter for you, I placed it on top of your desk"

He stopped behind Shikamaru, shifting his things around so that one of his hands isn't holding anything. He then patted Shikamaru's shoulder before continuing down the hall.

"Glad to see you happy again"

Shikamaru watched his father's figure disappear into one of the rooms, his mood lightening up more from hearing such thing from him.

Soon after, another set of footsteps heading towards Shikamaru. "What're you doing out here? Planning on cloud watching again?"

Naruto stepped down from the platform and stood next to Shikamaru.