sharing

"You did what now?"

"Before you get mad, let me explain"

It's been a few weeks since Naruto had returned. Within those days, Yoshino kept hugging him and giving him kisses on the cheeks while smiling happily. Little flowers swirling around them every time they were together.

Shikaku would give him head pats whenever he snuck beside him, staring up at him with expected eyes. It would always end with Naruto falling asleep while getting his head rubbed. Shikaku would use his other hand to do his own thing, like scanning through reports or smoke.

Shikamaru had explained everything to his parents the night they were caught. It took a bit to process the sudden arrival but they welcomed him back with opened arms and a light scolding for doing such a dangerous act.

Currently, Shikamaru and Naruto finally decided that now was a good time to share what they've been going through. Both sitting with their legs dangling at Shikamaru's backyard porch.

Naruto let out a loud, and exaggerated sigh. Staring at Shikamaru un-amusingly as he listened to his explanation to everything that had happened.

He slammed his hands beside him and leaned closer to Shikamaru's face.

"What's there more to say?! You almost killed the entire village, beat up a guy, burned down my old orphanage, and even bombed the person who cursed me!! Shika- you- I- oh my god"

Naruto slapped his forehead and rubbed it down, pulling himself back from Shikamaru and proceeded to groan.

Shikamaru had his hands raised a bit, a little nervous while watching Naruto's reaction.

"Hey, you can't say that they don't deserve it. Look at what had happened to you because of them"

Naruto signed once more, "You're not wrong but it's still reckless of you to do, you could've been seriously punished for those! You're so unbelievable.."

"I haven't been caught yet so everything is all good on my end, even Ino is fine"

"You influenced your friends to commit crimes?!"

Naruto ticked out loudly, slowly raising a fist up but lowered it while taking in deep breathes. He opted with pinching Shikamaru's upper arm, resting his head on his other hand and listened to Shikamaru's quiet "ouch".

"Whatever, I can't even get mad at you when I was the motive for you to do all of that... I caused you a lot of pain so what's done is done" Naruto said quietly, staring off into the distance.

Shikamaru looked over at him and leaned his head down a bit so that he was closer, managing to grab his attention again.

"It's alright now, I'm just glad that you're back. Any wha, how'd you like my confession? Thought really hard on how to present it well"

Naruto rolled his eyes playfully and looked away, "It was the most romantic thing I ever experienced, never wanted it any other way"

When he didn't receive any reaction back, Naruto turned his head over and was met with Shikamaru's love struck expression. He let out a bashful chuckle and covered his own face a bit.

"Stop looking at me like that"

"Like what?"

"I don't know, like a puppy that wants to be pet"

Naruto let out a panicked squeal when Shikamaru leaned his head onto the side of his upper body and wrapped his arms around his waist. He tried his hardest not to laugh since he was sensitive at that area.