07

The next day Jimin woke up with a strained neck, sleep had loomed him into dozing off on the floor. Leaning himself on the wooden door. The sound of the door opening made him jerk falling down on the floor.

“I’m sorry Alpha” you quickly apologised offering your hand he smiled sheepishly taking your hand standing up on his feet. Looking at your face, he noticed the obvious eye bags surfacing underneath your eyes. But a faint smile still played on your lips.

“Y/N” he wanted to touch your face, but held himself back. “I’m sorry you had to stay up awake the whole night because of me” bowing at him apologetically you tried not wincing as the ache in your waist made it difficult for you. “It’s fine,” he assured you. Once you stood back up perfectly hiding the pain.

“I think you should rest, your heat still hasn’t calmed down” smelling the still fresh smell of your pheromones in the air he slowly groaned. The smell of your heat, driving his wolf insane but calming him down.

“It’s fine like I said yesterday, I’ll be back on duty today beside you. Looking carefully into the matter, then you should be the one to be resting the most since you sat outside the room on the cold floor the entire night protecting my dignity, which I doubt any Alpha would do. For sure, only Alpha Park has the audacity and respect to do so.”

His heart beat fastened hearing you praise him using his Alpha title. Never has he ever felt the need to be the greatest Alpha out there, but today hearing the libretti of praise you spoke in his favour. Jimin for the first ever time felt superior than any Alpha would have.

Being compared as the greatest of his kind was indeed a gratifying feeling to him. “Thank you Y/N” red coated his cheeks which he somewhere in his heart hoped you saw. “I should be the one thanking you Alpha.” Your voice was gentle than ever, was it perhaps the heat effect? Jimin thought questioningly.

Whatever it was, but he liked you being soft towards him, a new thought invaded his brain. “What if I protect Y/N and safeguard her during her upcoming heats?” His wolf scoffed at his thoughts. But Jimin wasn't least bothered by it.

“See you in my office at 12:00 P.M. Beta Y/N.” Passing you a shy smile, he walked away hurriedly not ready to burst his little love bubble which unknowingly had started blooming in his heart much to his unknown knowledge.

-1:30 P.M.- (JIMIN'S OFFICE)

Though the initial time for the meet had been set up as 12:00 P.M. The previous restless night had made Jimin sleep in for a longer time. Walking in his office hastily he met your usual cold gaze looking at his figure, but you weren’t glaring rather held a neutral expression making him wonder whether you were pissed with him or not?

“Alpha you should have slept in longer, I’m almost done with these files.” Getting back to the files you were going through you spoke. “Is she mocking me for being late?” A hurricane of thoughts clouded Jimin’s brain. “Are you fine Alpha?” Hearing no reply from the male you lift your gaze up from the files, seeing him dazed off.

“You're still sleepy I see, there’s not much work left to be done today. Go ahead and rest. I'll notify you about the tasks completed by me today.” Your words were sincere speaking the concern you held for him seeing the fazed off state he had tranced himself into.

“Phew she’s not angry with me” breathing a sigh of relief Jimin shook his head giggling at your caring nature sitting on his chair staring at you resting his chin on his palm, a habit he had cultivated over these past months of working with you. To

And one that he enjoyed a lot. Among all the Pack duties this was one he always looked forward to. The toughest of the task was the paperwork yet with you he found it so easy.

He did regret not helping you most of the time with those bulky complicated files, but who could stop his eyes and brain playing games with him, to do his favourite task “stare and admire your Beta.”

If any member of the pack house would have seen this side of Jimin, they’d really be shocked he was a soft, hard working caring Alpha. But girls were far beyond his imagination, he had been staying loyal hoping for his mate to appear.

Jimin now gave up on the thoughts of finding his mate, at a point he detested finding his mate, since it meant he no longer could fix his attention on you.

A part of his heart had agreed he was in love with you, while the other as every other love sick person denied his feelings terming them as ‘admiration’ since you were a hard working person he’s ever come across.

“Alpha” a man barged into his cabin making him groan annoyingly. “Not again please” he glared at the male. A light chuckle was heard from your side remembering the same event occurring in the past when you had come up to him asking him to register your name for the Beta fight.

Jimin acknowledged the reason behind your smile, the anger boiling up in his nerves long lost suppressed all that mattered to him in this movement was you being happy. “What is it?” He asked the man calmly.

The tired man turned in your direction pointing his finger out at you accusingly. “She betrayed us, the enemies are coming to hunt us down.”