Girl meets change

*from here the story continues showing how the characters think and feel. Hence the POV*
Maya's POV
I'm sitting alone in my room at night trying to pray like huckleberry suggested and it's nice. I've been doing it every single day since he gave me that advice. I pray that my mom and dad stay together forever, and that Mr Matthews and his family are always happy and that no kid should live a day without their parents and food and shelter. I also pray that Lucas Farkle and Zay never leave me. And most importantly I pray that Riley and I always stay friends no matter what.
*Next morning*
I get ready for school. It's the last day before summer holidays and I can't wait for that bell to ring.
As I reached Riley's house I find her fighting with her dad.
"Is everything okay Riley?"
Mr Matthews tell me how she doesn't wanna go to school with no possible explanation and says it's the way it will be now. She had turned rebellious.
I immediately laugh. "Riley what's wrong ? You wanna become a rebel now by skipping school?"
"Yes maya I am a rebel now; every teenager has that moment. This is mine."
"Honey you had that moment quite a few times in last two years so tell me what is it?"
As Riley is about to speak I take her with me to the subway.
"You can tell when we're on the subway."
*Subway*
"Maya I don't wanna go to school."
"Why?"
"Because Lucas and I talked and things have been awkward and I don't know what to say to him anymore."
"Wait minute you didn't tell me about this."
"We both feel weird about our relationship and I don't know what to do, are we together have we broken up I have no idea!"
"What!!!! How can you break up with huckleberry ? You told me you love him. Farkle said you love him on New year's Eve ! How can it change now?"
"Maya we were kids and honestly I feel like we all have changed we all are grown ups now."
"Ok I need to talk to both of you together or it won't be sorted like this."
"Maya why are you trying to sort this?"
"I don't know I just need to."
We've reached the school. And as soon as I find Lucas I take them both to the rooftop. Yeah I know the ways to get there.
"Maya what are you doing?" Lucas is almost shouting at me. I hahurrr him and shut him up and start my rant.
"What the hell is wrong with both of you? You both love each other don't you? I mean Lucas told you that he loves you in ski lodge and Farkle told everyone that you love Lucas on new year's Eve. How can that change? What happened ?"
Riley looks confused and Lucas kind of looks guilty.
"What am I missing?"
"Maya Lucas didn't say that he loves me! He just told me that this was his moment and he chooses me" Riley revealed.
I was confused. I told Lucas to tell her that but he didn't.
"Riley did you actually say I love you to him ever?"
"No ! We both never said it."
Now I was frustrated. What the hell was this. Why were they together then and why this triangle kept on for so long if this was gonna happen.
"Ok what the actual fuck. We guys frustrated the hell out of our friends and family and you guys decide that it was for nothing."
"Can I say something?" Lucas jumped in.
"What?!" I say frustrated.
"Maya I know you care about Riley too much to see her get hurt but we haven't even talked about this completely we just know that our relationship is not the way it's supposed to be and we don't want to lose this friendship because of it. And I love you both as friends and I know if Riley gets hurt because of me then you'd leave me too so I can't risk that."
We both stood there saying nothing.
He continues, " Maya Pappy Joe told me that he didn't see the chemistry between Riley and me and I realised that it was true; we were just kids who were attracted to each other because of how much we're alike but it wasn't based on our compatibility and love. It was based on how nice we were to each other and to others. It was a first crush and as kids it will always be in our hearts but for a mature and adult relationship to work you need more than that. You need to accept every side of the other person."
Riley suddenly stops him and says " you're right Lucas my mom and dad stayed together because they liked and loved every part of the other person."
"Exactly and Riley be honest do you like the Texas Lucas because that's a part of who I was and it still is. I don't think you like that do you ?"
" No Lucas I would never have liked you that way if you were still Texas Lucas. And I still can't accept when you become like that."
"See Maya and I don't like when she's being stubborn about certain things. It's too much for me."
My work was done. They didn't feel awkward and talked it all out.
I finally say," good."
"What do you mean good?" They both cry in unison.
"Riley told me it's awkward between you too so I made this plan and it worked you too now know exactly what the other feels and now you can make a decision together without anyone getting hurt. You both clearly don't love each other and now it's clear to both of you."
Riley and Maya are shocked.
"When did you learn this plotting and planning schems Maya?" Riley asked.
"Well I'm Shawn's daughter and if you can't remember he and your dad were planning masters of their time."
Lucas is still in shock and I love that look.
I finally leave those two alone.

Riley's POV

We're on the rooftop. Everything is changed but not in a bad way I think. Thanks to Maya we had the talk and we can now go back to being the best of friends. Ok not best but we'll get there soon I hope.
Lucas breaks the silence.
"I have to say Maya did good."
"She sure did."
"So now can we be friends?"
"Yes of course. But can I ask you something?"
"Yeah sure."
"Do you now regret choosing me ?"
"No! never. Riley if we never tried this we both would've wondered about this and that would have been the regret. Not this. At least now when we meet someone we won't think about each other anymore."
"I'm glad you feel this way. I do too."