єριѕσ∂є 45

Taehyung was genuinely good to Seokjin, no worse than Jungkook. His love for Seokjin was straightforward.

He bought Seokjin sparklers. He designed a cat tree for his cat and chose materials himself to make it. He even cleared some space in his yard and built a garden for Seokjin to grow flowers.

Taehyung's efforts were slightly paid off. He even had managed to claim another half of Seokjin's bed. Though he had to bring his own bedding and quite a big gap was kept between them.

Taehyung opened the bedroom door quietly. Small, heartwarming, orange light was illuminating the room. He walked to Seokjin while he was reading a book leaning on the headboard.

"What are you reading?" Taehyung reclined in the bed, slightly turned his head towards Seokjin.

Seokjin smiled, showed the page to him, "Wildflowers, written by Na Tae-Joo."

Tae moved closer to him and leaning his head on Seokjin's shoulder, speaking in an abstractedly low voice, "I had a nightmare last night."

"I wonder why I was wakened up by you last night. You were crying even in your sleep." Seokjin didn't push Taehyung away.

Tae froze for a little moment. "I am useless, aren’t I?" He didn't want Seokjin to know that in his dream, Seokjin was leaving him bit by bit until this man was totally out of reach, eventually turned into a cloud in the sky.

The latter closed the book and tried to cheer him up, "Dreams are opposite to the real life."

"Jin, I have contacted with my old classmate in New York. We go there and have your cancer treated, okay?" Taehyung tried to persuade him.

To Seokjin, it seemed to be such an abrupt turn of their conversation. He had no idea that all Taehyung did was just a setup.

Seokjin's tone cooled down. "No. I don’t want to."

Taehyung suddenly raised his head and looked into his eyes. "Don't give your own body a hard time!" He said.

"You are a doctor. Do you really sure you can cure my incurable illness?" the latter avoided the eye contact with Tae by slightly turning his head away.

"You never know…we can try." Taehyung mumbled as a burst of heartache struck him.

Seokjin reached out his hand, his fingertip gently stroked on Taehyung's cheek from top to bottom. "If you do care about me, stop pushing me. Chemotherapy is really painful. Medicine is corrosive. The pain will start from blood vessels. And it has lots of side-effects. Bone marrow aspiration is also very painful, so does hemodialysis. Do you honestly want me to live the last days of my life in misery? To see the hospital turn me into a freak before I die?" His eyes were so gentle when he said that.

Taehyung was aware of everything he said, but it felt much heavier to hear the one he cared the most speak out the truth word by word. As if his words had cut him into pieces, Tae was in great agony, his heart was bleeding. However, his emotional suffering was nothing compared to what Seokjin was going through. You wouldn't know how painful the needle tip could be if it wasn't on you.

"If we do nothing, you will suffer anyway." Taehyung shook his head with teeth gnashed, trying to hold his tears in.

"I didn't suffer when you and I climbed the mountain, when I walked Tan by the Jinyang Lake, and when the kitten snored in my arms." Jin gave Tae a little hug. "So please spoil me for the last moment."