[4] •|Paracosm|•

Life is nothing but paracosm.
It depends on not how it is but how we see it.

Aven has made up her mind. She will go and ask the mermaid witch to transform her into a human. However ugly those sticks look on her.

Without wasting any time, she swum up to the witch's place. It was a dark, mysterious place. People tried to stay away from her and that place as much as possible.

It looked like a burnt up place. The corals surrounding it weren't green but black as coal.

The witch looked even more scary. She had black unkept hair. Her pupils were pale grey, so pale it looked almost white.

Reaching up to her, Aven presented her request.

The witch sneered and looked over at her in utter disgust. "You want to have those peccable sticks instead of these exquisite fish tails? "

"Yes I do. And I am willing to do anything to get that." Aven replied impassively .

"Humans can live atmost for 100 years but we live for 300 years!!!
You seriously want to trade your mermaid life to get those sticky legs."

"Why are you doing this? Any reason?"

"I- I have fallen for a guy" Aven replied, stuttering a little.

"I can change you into a human, but if he doesn't love you back within a month you will perish."

"In return, I will take your color. The color of your hair, your skin and fins.
I can make the potion for you right now if you want."

"Those legs will hurt until he falls in love with you. I will also take away your voice forever"

Aven agreed. She will do anything to at least give a try to be with him.

While the witch was making potion, she swum upto her friends and family and to talk with them until she can, for the last time. She told them about her decision too.

They weren't supportive but still they didn't object or force her to stay.

She sang for a long time knowing this  would be the last time she would be able to sing.

After that she swum upto the witch to find that the potion was ready.

She took a long breath and drank up that bitter liquid.

The transformation was pretty quick.
Her hair turned black as charcoal with a single streak of pale blue. Her skin and freckles turned darker. Her fish tails metamorphosed to human legs.

She wanted to thank the witch. But after contemplating for a while, she thought she must have lost her voice too. She just smiled to show her gratitude.

But she was glad. Glad that she had her memories and feelings intact.

♛┈⛧┈┈•༶༶•┈┈⛧┈♛
{Word count - 452}

She is prettier now. (≡^∇^≡)

◆Please, vote, comment and share◆