Shu-Ten | CH 6

"Ah- ouch! That hurts woman!"

Zeno and Abi watched Shu-Ten being treated by the black haired woman.

"Don't do reckless things then." Verena said as she pressed the medicine strip to his wound, rather harshly.

"Ouch-!"

Zeno sighed and recalled back to how this happened.

A few hours earlier

The sound of swords and spears rang throughout the battlefield as men ran forward and plunged their weapons forth. Amidst that, Zeno remained by the side of Verena as he held her short swords and ran behind her.

Of course Zeno didn't realize that Verena was doing this to protect him while also fighting. She knew how Zeno felt when he didn't have anything to do but watch as the others fought. That feeling dejection, she didn't want him to feel.

"Zeno down!" Verena called out as she swiped her sword over him while Zeno bent down the moment he heard her voice.

"Gu-en catch!" She said before kicking the spear towards Hakuryuu who caught the spear mid-air and thrust it through the body of one of the enemy soldiers.

She clicked her tongue when her eyes observed the warriors with bows and arrows.

Such a nuisance....

She thought to herself before glancing up at the sky. The sky- her eyes widened slightly in rememberance. Shu-Ten.

As if realising that she called for him, the green haired man glanced back at her and met her eyes.

"What is it?" He said as he landed beside her, kicking one of the soldiers away while Verena took one of the swords from Zeno and threw it behind Zeno.

"Take out the archers. Think you can do it?" She asked and Shu-Ten paused for a moment before an almost devilish smirk came over him.

"Don't mind if I do-!" He laughed before jumping.

"Will he be okay?" Zeno asked and she nodded although she knew that he would probably have a wound or two from how recklessly he was fighting.

That was when she noticed the arrows pointed at Shu-Ten. She threw her dagger at the enemy but was late as the arrows were already on their path to wards Shu-Ten. The green haired man, who was not expecting the arrows, winced when he felt th penetrate his skin.

"Zeno, go back to the camp's medical tent, I'll bring Shu-Ten." She says before running towards the falling man. She barely caught him, falling to the ground as well due to his sudden weight.

A quiet groan left her as she eyed the man who smirked up at her.

"Falling for me already - mmpfh." His words were muffled as Verena shoved her palm against his face with a subtle annoyed expression.