Prologue

The story of the phoenix was one that many had heard as a child. It rose from the ashes of it's own burned body. Infact the phoenix shows great strength and endurance. It burns through the flames yet emerges alive again and again. The cycle repeats and the new generations eventually think of it as nothing more than just a myth.

The Guardian Phoenix of Kouka was the shield of the dragons and the protector of the King. The red dragon, Hiryuu.

The blood of the Phoenix was something that gave a person the ability to reincarnated everytime they died but with the same soul. The same appearance save for the eyes. The eyes of the Phoenix were said to be red on battle grounds, paralyzing all those who saw them. When calm, their eyes could seen a golden color or a neon yellow color. However, it is said that unless the Phoenix wishes to unleash its true strength the color of its eyes shall not change.

No matter how cruel and brave the Phoenix was in battle, its heart was just as kind and humble when helping those in need. Loving towards its family and loyal to her closed ones. Her loyalty was something that could never be compromised. But even the greatest of warriors have something that they hold dear.

However, those with the blood of the Phoenix had a curse.

A curse that would haunt them forever.

The little girl had run off and escaped as far as her wounded feet could carry her

The little girl had run off and escaped as far as her wounded feet could carry her. Her breathe was haggard as the snow around was coating everything in her sight. The trail of blood was left on the white snow as the petite young girl ran. She was born to a very low, not well off family. She had lost her family at the age of six when they were attacked by bandits.

Her black hair was short, barely reaching her shoulders with tired, lifeless brown eyes. Her body was frail evident of the malnutrition it had been going through since her birth.

As she stumbled over the snow coated rock, a cry left her pale lips. Without anymore strength, she lay on the cold ground as white snow fell around her. The only memory she remembered before her vision went dark was a flash of red, orange and yellow until darkness engulfed her.

 The only memory she remembered before her vision went dark was a flash of red, orange and yellow until darkness engulfed her

The black haired girl jolted up from her lying position, pain immediately grasping her body as she winced. Her brown eyes trailed over her arm and legs. They were bandaged but the slight blood from her wounds could be seen seeping through the bandages.

The sound of footsteps made her alert as a woman with short black hair and pale blue eyes came into view. She was wearing a kimono with a kind of shawl over it but the expression on her face was nothing less than kind.

The girl relaxed feeling the warm aura around the older woman as she smiled.

"Who.... are.. you?" The stranger immediately gave the girl a glass of water which she gleefully gulped down. Her once hoarse voice was now clearer as she spoke.

"Who are you? Why did you save me?" Curious big brown eyes asked the older woman as the lady smiled.

"I'm Phoenixa. I found you bleeding on the snow a few metres away from my house so I took it upon myself to treat you. What is your name child?" Her voice was motherly and warm that it made the younger girl remember her own mother's cold, dead eyes.

"My n-name is Verena."

The woman smiled warmly as she nodded.

"Welcome home, Verena."