~1~

Bennett POV

             "I'm late!" I ran out of my house and sprinted to Good Eats Coffee as fast as possible. This was usually how my days started, with me being late, or my bike chain coming undone, or something else. By this point, I was used to how unlucky I was, as it just became part of my life, still,l it was pretty annoying.

              I almost broke the door from opening it so fast. "I'm here! I'm sorry Fischl!" I went behind the counter and put on my apron. Fischl sighed. "It's fine, could you take care of this guy's order? I'm a little busy right now." Fischl handed me a piece of paper. "Sure, seems easy enough."

              I started making the drink, which was basically chocolate milk with how little coffee I was putting in. After I had finished that. I went back and grabbed a glazed donut. I put it in a bag and looked at the name on the slip of paper. "Okay, order for.. Razor?" I looked up and saw this tall guy walk over to me.

             "Uhm, this you?" He nodded and took the bag and drink. "...Thank you." He mumbled. For a police officer, he's pretty quiet, I thought. I watched him go to a table by the window, which had a dog laying next to it. He fed the dog half the donut before leashing him again and leaving.

             "Hey, do you know who that was?" I turned to ask Fischl, who was messing with the coffee grinder. "Not well. All I know is he's a cop who comes here occasionally," She took a pause to aggressively hit the machine. "Darn thing! Anyway, when he does come, he brings a dog, which I wish he would leave, it makes us look bad."  I scoffed. "The dog is cute Fischl. Do you know its name?"

             She shook her head. "He barely talks," She sighed and stepped away from the machine. "That thing is definitely broken." I sighed. "Sorry, I probably did it. I was the last to use it." Fischlput her hands on her hips. "Not everything is your fault y'know? I mean, I probably broke when I hit it earlier."  I nodded. "Maybe." 

             The rest of our day went by, as usual, with a few customers here and there, I burnt myself with coffee at some point, but it was an overall good day. I said bye to Fischl and hung my apron back up before leaving. For whatever reason, my mind wandered back to that Razor guy. His dog was cute, I wonder what its name is... I decided that the next time I saw him, I'd ask the name of the dog.

             I started walking home when I checked my phone for the time. I realized it was 7:42, aproxxomitely 42 minutes past my curfew, so I started running. I bet you're probably wondering, "Bennett, you're 17, why do you have a curfew?"  Well, I have to help out at my house with a number of things seeing as my parents were getting a little older.

              I rounded the corner and realized it was almost 8:00. "MY PARENTS ARE GONNA KILL ME!!" I yelled I kept running though I was running out of breath. I stopped at my house and caught my breath for a minute, preparing myself for the extra chores.