~9~

𝔸𝕝𝕖𝕣𝕥! ℕ𝕖𝕨 ℙ𝕆𝕍!

Xiangling POV

              I was debating whether or not to put some new recipes on the menu when Bennett walked in with a really intimidating guy. "Sorry, I'm late!" Benny showed the guy to a table and came behind the counter. "I was up late with Razor." I blinked. "That creepy guy?" He turned, trying to put his apron on. "He's not creepy! Look, he has a dog." I looked over, and sure enough, was a grey lump at his feet. I laughed. "Okay."

              "Hey Benny, is that the guy who comes here often?" I ask putting what, to other people, would seem like too much cinnamon in some coffee. "Yeah. He's a cop, and the dog is his partner," He turned to face me. "Xiang, that's a lot of cinnamon." I pouted. "To you." He shook his head. "Anyway, he's not so bad. he slept over yesterday and I'm not dead, am I?" I shrugged. "I thought your luck would've killed you by the time you were 10," Bennett responded by taking away the cinnamon and playfully hitting my arm.

               Today was pretty uneventful. Benny mixed up people's coffee, that Razor guy didn't get anything but a croissant for lunch, and I'd often catch him feeding his dog. I actually managed to impress someone with a new flavor of cookie. Who'd have thought that jalapenos worked with chocolate? (A/N Fun fact: I don't like spicy things at all. I don't have any tolerance.) Bennett didn't really have any big unlucky encounters, he just burned himself here and there, he also tripped and his foot got stuck in a bucket.

             "Hey Xiangling, would you mind closing today?" Bennett asked. "Yeah, sure!" He was about to leave with his friend before I piped up again. "Wait, do you mind if I use the kitchen to experiment?" He blinked. "Just don't-" "Set anything on fire got it!" 

             Bennett and his friend Razor gave me an idea...

A/N Sorry, you get a short one today, I have school starting on Tuesday, so a lot of shopping took place! Also, I may or may not be planning something. What is it? You're probably asking, and I can answer.

find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z!