who knows

I stand here, at the end of the world. The only thing left is ashes and people dying off by the second, breathing in toxic fumes. I was supposed to save them, I'm the one with powers, I'm the immortal one given responsibility I couldn't handle. It's their fault for choosing a random teen off the street, I couldn't handle this big of a task qnd I know they doubted me. Their stupid hope, they stupid prophecy, their stupid ideology. I'm probably not even immortal, the powers could have been made up.

   What if they weren't though? Who knows, I could be immortal right now. I still couldn't save the world though, I'm just 15, I literally can't even drive yet. Saving the world seems too much of a responsibility when I can't even keep a girlfriend for more than a few months.

   What if I actually could have saved the world? I mean, who knows, if I used it correctly...
No, I thought I used it how I could, it's not my fault. It can't all be my fault. Right?

   What if it was all my fault. Who knows, maybe they could have trained me or something and instead they are dead along with all my friends and family. There's just stramgers left now. One or two people I recognize. We can't even all cooperate because we cane from all different places, with all the continents remelting together and then shrinking due to the random person who had powers. Wait, I recognize that person now. That was a girl at my school, right?

   What if they chose me as the villain instead? Who knows, maybe I could have saved the world by being the absolute garbage I am. Being the hero just killed everyone. It's all my fault. I should have done more. They mentioned a way for me to die, right? Yeah, the potion they gave me, I think. It was meant for once I finished my objective, so I could return to normal. Now I'll probably use it to return to normal so I can die with the rest of them. Nothing's left. I glance around, take the bottle out of my pocket, and drink it. I break the glass bottle and take my life. I failed and I might as well go with everything else.

   I wake up and take off goggles. I'm laying down on a chair. I hear people talking. I look around, and its the people who gave me the powers. All I hear is faint mumbling among my ears massively ringing and my sight feeling off. I faintly hear that this was a test and now that they know... more loud ringing. I hear that they will give me the powers and training I need. No. I refuse to go through that again! They can't make me! I'll fail and they'll die! They'll die and die with this horrible loop, probably! I look around and realize I shouted that as I thought it. I got up and wobbily ran out.

    I ran out of the building, and I ran and I ran. I ran right inti the middle of the road, and the next thing I hear is a loud horn, then a thump, and then a car screeching to a halt, combined with extreme pain before everything finally fades to black.