23

"talk." i told him as i sat down right across him.

"i know you hate me by now." he says, well not hate him more like pissed of  him, but whatever.

"get to the point Mr. Jeon." i told him, he hates that i no longer call him with a nickname, but i don't care he pissed me off.

"the reason why I'm avoiding you because Hyorin blackmailed me."

i rolled my eyes at him, Hyorin? this is ridiculous, he never cares about her threats now he does? sus.

"you never care about her threats before, why now?"

"because it involves you and the accident that happened 2 years ago."

my heart stopped hearing him mentioned about an accident.

"what do you mean?"

"Rae, i was in the car that caused him to die."

there, he said it, his eyes are now wet from the pool of tears, pool of guilty tears ready to be burst.

i didn't know how to react to his sudden confession, i didn't expect this.

"what nonsense are you talking about Jungkook?!"

he then gives me the brown envelope that Jeffrey gave me few weeks ago, no wonder i couldn't find that before, he took it.

"that envelope explains everything Rae, i know you hate me even more now, i understand, i don't deserve you."

my hands were trembling as i open the envelope.

"i just found out about it, precisely 2 weeks ago, the day when you met Jeffrey for lunch, you had a mental breakdown so i took that envelope, i thought if i took it, you will feel better and can finally move on, i admitted i was selfish Rae, i wanted you to move on from his death and be happy with me, but that's only last until my curiosity got the best of me."

"get out Jungkook."

"Rae-"

"please, just get out, i need to be alone." i told him as he took his leave.

why out of so many people in the world, Jungkook had to be the one inside that car? why him? how am i supposed to hate him?

Rae: 𝙹𝚎𝚏𝚏, 𝚒 𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚎𝚍 𝚒𝚝.

Jeffrey: 𝚘𝚖𝚠 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚛 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎.
seen

***

As soon as he received a text from her, he rushed to her place, he knows she will be having a break down.

On the other hand, as she was waiting for  him to come, her eyes still dead set to all of the papers from the envelope, all of the evidence that could bring these people to jail.

She find it hard to decide whether or not to put Jungkook behind bars, she doesn't even know for sure if she can bear to see his career went downhill, but justice has to be made.

Jaehyun deserves his justice, the justice that he never has.

Soon enough Jeffrey arrives in her door, she let him in, she doesn't want to be impulsive, or maybe she is denial with the fact that Jungkook was involved in that accident.

He scanned the room he is in, it's a mess. She is a mess.

Nothing came out from his mouth even though he has so much to say, he waits until she finally speak up.

"i just find it hard to believe that Jungkook was involved."

Her voice cracked as she speaks, eyes swollen from crying, her eyeliner was smudged, it wasn't really her best appearance at the moment to have a guest coming to her place, but she could careless.

"he was a victim too."

Jeffrey says, she instantly look up to him.

"what?"

"if you see more clearer to the picture, his eyes was covered by a hand, he was trying so hard to control his driving that night, but a certain someone had a crazy idea that night to die together."

He doesn't even need to say a name, she already know who.

"Hyorin, isn't it?"

He nodded at her, her facial expressions changes from disappointed to a bit of reliefs with the fact that Jungkook is a victim too, but anger finally consumed her at the mention of Hyorin.

"that bitch."

Jeffrey find it amusing to see the girl in front of him finally feel some sort of wrath inside her, boiling like a hot boiled water, he never see this side of her before.

"there is more to Hyorin that you need to know of Mirae."

He gave her another envelope, filled with information about her childhood back in the orphanage.

"what is this?"

She says as she hold a picture of when she was a kid with Hyorin and Jungkook.

"the three of you used to be friends back in the orphanage."

"but i never know them before?"

"you did, you lost your memory when you were around 9 years old Mirae, Hyorin did that to you, read those information i piled in."

A sudden rush of flashbacks got into her head as he mentioned that, her head hurts as the memories slowly rush back one by one.

She then fainted as the pain that she is experiencing on her head is unbearable.

"oh fuck, Mirae wake up!"

Panicking he dialed the only person that came into his mind.

"she fainted."