First Night

*Meliodas POV*

When Meliodas returned from taking their dinner to the kitchen and training with Zeldris, he still had no idea what to do. He thought training would help clear his head, but it didn't help. He quietly opened the door to his room and smiled, seeing Y/n fast asleep in his bed. He wanted so badly to join her and hold her close all night. Why? His brain only started spinning more.

 Meliodas tried to relax by showering, but that didn't work either. He opted for another glass of whiskey. He quietly poured his drink and sat on his bed. He couldn't help himself as he wanted nothing but to be close to her and to comfort her. As soon as he sat down, Y/n snuggled up to his side. Meliodas smiled down at her and brushed her hair out of her face. What am I going to do? Y/n is just too fucking cute. He doesn't know this person, but he also hasn't felt this type of connection with someone since Elizabeth.

Elizabeth. After the Holy War ended and they had to go their separate ways, the two still tried hard to be a couple. However, they were both too busy working, and the only time they had together always ended up with them working on peace treaties. After a month of this, they tried to change and fix things but didn't do much better. Within two months of their curse being broken, they decided it would be better if they were just friends. 

So far, it has been better, but he just misses her so much. He has been able to move on some, but it's easy to do when they barely see each other. Meliodas knew that Elizabeth was starting to become close with one of her advisors. He knew she was thinking about going on a date with the guy, but for some reason, he still felt it was wrong to sit here with Y/n curled up next to him. With this thought, Meliodas finished his whiskey and slowly snuck his way out of the bed. He laid on the couch and smiled happily at Y/n sleeping in his bed. Her stillness swept over him, and he soon drifted into sleep.

Next morning

Meliodas was startled awake by the noise of his bedroom door opening. Shit! Shit! Shit! How could he forget to lock the door? He jumped up and tried to block the door, but it was too late. 

"Look, who was a gentleman for the first time in his life?" Gelda laughed at him as she gestured towards the blanket-covered couch. Meliodas rolled his eyes at her. "You worry too much! I was just bringing you two some breakfast." 

"Thanks, Gelda." 

"Now, I know she's under your protection, but I was wondering if I could steal Y/n away from you a bit today? Maybe while you and Zeldi figure out the portal situation?" 

Meliodas didn't like the thought of this but understood that he couldn't keep her locked up in his room all day. "Sure, but you are not to leave her alone, and you both will not leave your room." 

"Yeah, yeah. Understood, King brother." 

He couldn't stand it when Gelda called him this, "Gelda, I mean it." He watched Gelda give him a thumbs up before walking out of the room. Meliodas quickly shut the door, making sure it was locked this time.

After changing and getting ready for the day, Meliodas opened the curtains in his room, hoping the light would finally wake Y/n up. Damn, I just want to see her bright e/c eyes again. He watched as she slowly stretched her body out and pulled the covers over her head. So. Fucking. Adorable. "Oh, I think I've let you sleep long enough." As soon as he spoke to her, Y/n bolted straight up and stared at him in fear, making him frown. "Hey, it's okay. I'm sorry if I scared you." 

She sighed in relief, realizing where and who she was with. Meliodas blushed at this realization before sitting down next to her on the bed. He had only known her for less than a day but could read her like a book. "What would you like to do this morning, Y/n?" She didn't snuggle up to him like she did last night, but she also didn't move away from him. SCORE! 

"Well, if I am forbidden to be seen by anyone and must stay under your protection, there isn't much I can do." 

Meliodas smirked at her (and was definitely looking at her tits through his shirt), "I can think of lots of things we could do together right here." She blushed and shook her head at him. "Let's at least start with getting you dressed," Meliodas said as he stood up and pulled her towards him off the bed.

Y/n followed him into his walk-in closet. "Let's see what we have here," he stated as he walked to the small section of Elizabeth's clothes in the back of his closet. He felt terrible about giving y/n Elizabeth's clothes to borrow, but he didn't have much of a choice. Meliodas picked through the rack, "ah-ha! Here it is," and held up his tavern's uniform to her. 

She looked at the outfit, then at him blankly. "You want me to wear this?" 

"Well... you can wear whatever you want; I just thought this would look nice on you." Y/n blushed at this but crossed her arms. "I mean it, wear whatever you would like from here. I will wait for you in the room." Meliodas didn't want to wait in the room but was trying hard to be respectful. 

He paced around the room with his arms above his head. It's been 10 minutes, and he can't wait any longer to see what she came up with. The closet door slowly creaked open, and Y/n hesitantly stepped out in the tavern's uniform. "You look amazing!!" Meliodas practically yelled at her with a massive smile on his face. Before she could even respond to him, he was head first under her skirt. 

"Ahhh!!!" Meliodas stayed where he was, squeezing her ass. 

"Meliodas!! Stop this second!!" 

"Fine," he replied flatly before standing up and moving his hands to her chest. 

"King Meliodas!!" 

"Okay, okay, I'm done." She glared at him. Worth it! "Look, Y/n, you chose to wear my tavern's uniform, and as a tavern owner, it is up to me to ensure your uniform is in check!" Y/n didn't break her glare. Meliodas let out a small chuckle at her stubbornness, "alright, let's go find Zeldris and Gelda."