[10]

》︎✳︎✳︎✳︎《︎︎

━︎︎━︎︎━︎︎➵︎━︎︎━︎︎━︎︎ Avox Meets Punishments

"You have to learn the rules to be able to know how to break them

"You have to learn the rules to be able to know how to break them."

-Keira Knightley

》︎✳︎✳︎✳︎《︎︎

                         SADIE FELT NUMB as she slowly opened her tired eyes. She groaned after being hit with the immense pain running through her muscles. "Hello, Miss Sterling," a menacing and cold voice said from her bedside. Sadie gasped, snapping her eyes open to see who it was. Her breath quickened, and she fidgeted away from the person once she saw who it was.

"What am I doing here, Snow? Where even am I?" Snow chuckled at Sadie's scowl.

"You're in The Capitol, Miss Sterling. We rescued you after the arena was hijacked," he answered.

"We weren't hijacking it, we —" Sadie tried to sit up and threaten Snow, but a hand slammed her back down into her hospital bed. She looked over to see one of the head peacekeepers Romulus Thread, glaring down at her.

"You should be thanking me, Miss Sterling. I didn't let you burn to death," Snow continued.

"Where's —"

"Mr. Odair?" Snow interrupted her. "Unfortunately, we weren't able to obtain him. He has joined the rebels alongside Miss Everdeen and Mr. Latier. But you, my dear, are an Avox and they must always be punished once captured. Despite you being a victor, you have some interesting information I'd love for you to share with me. As Mr. Odair would say, do you have any secrets worth my time?"

》︎✳︎✳︎✳︎《︎︎

Katniss woke up with a sharp breath; her eyes were wide as she examined the room around her. It looked to be the inside of a hovercraft that would carry the tributes to the arena for the Games. She took the oxygen mask off her mouth and looked to her right to see Beetee lying next to her, still unconscious.

She began panicking, questioning if she had been captured by The Capitol and was on her way to be executed like most rebels were. She stood up and picked out a syringe from a nearby medical bucket, preparing to attack her kidnappers.

As she neared a door, she heard part of a conversation. "She's gonna lose it when she finds out about the boy," Haymitch argued, and Katniss' suspicions grew.

"She'll still cooperate, though?" Another male voice asked. She recognized it but couldn't quite place who it was.

"Without Peeta? There's no guarantee," Haymitch fought back.

"Just tell her when —" Finnick began but was cut off by the door sliding open to reveal Katniss to the three men arguing. Katniss furrowed her eyebrows at seeing Haymitch, Finnick, and Plutarch there.

"Morning, sweetheart," Haymitch stepped forward, a smirk on his face. Katniss raced towards him, syringe in hand as she tried to fight Haymitch, who shoved her against a wall.

"What are you doing with them?" Katniss yelled at her mentor.

"You and a syringe against The Capitol? See, this is why no one lets you make the plans," Haymitch said, grabbing the syringe from her fighting hands. Once Katniss caught sight of Finnick, his eyes were red, and tear stains covered his cheeks. Proving he had previously been crying.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" Katniss asked him, her breathing thick.

"Stop. Stop. Just listen," Finnick tried to soothe her.

"We couldn't tell you with Snow watching. It was too risky. Better for you to know nothing," Haymitch hissed, and Katniss pushed him off.

"Where's Peeta?"

"Now, Katniss ... you have been our mission from the beginning. The plan was always to get you out. Half the Tributes were in on it. This is the revolution. And you are the Mockingjay. And we're on our way to District 13 right now," Plutarch explained.

"13?"

"13. Yes."

"Where's Peeta?" Katniss repeated, and everyone sighed; Finnick turned around, looking out the window feeling his tears threatening to spill again at the thoughts eating away at his brain.

"He still has his tracker in his arm. Sadie cut yours out," said Haymitch.

"Where is he?" Katniss asked, growing more worried by the minute.

"In The Capitol. They got him, Johanna, and Sadie."

Katniss' mind went blank, but her heart got filled with rage. "You son of a bitch!" She screamed, slapping Haymitch across the face. "You son of a — you promised me that you would save him over me! You promised me!" Plutarch injected her with a drug, and she slowly started to collapse to the ground.

"You're a liar. You're a liar," Katniss sobbed as Haymitch lightened her fall. She continued to cry as she slowly fell back asleep. Finnick stared at the unconscious girl as a tear fell from his eyes. He grabbed the rope he had thrown on the ground and leaned against a wall, beginning to tie quick knots, then untying them and retying them over and over again. Possibly to clear his mind from the fact that the girl he loved was being held captive in the very place they were fighting against. And he didn't even get the chance to tell her how much he cared for her.

》︎✳︎✳︎✳︎《︎︎