Twenty-Five

Hey guys! I know I haven't updated as often as I usually do and unfortunately, I no longer will be able to. It's literally only syllabus week and I already feel so busy! So, I will make it a goal to post once a week but please be patient with me, I'm a full-time student and have a lot going on! But I love this story and will try my hardest to keep writing as regularly as possible!

 It's literally only syllabus week and I already feel so busy! So, I will make it a goal to post once a week but please be patient with me, I'm a full-time student and have a lot going on! But I love this story and will try my hardest to keep writ...

{Jealousy, Jealousy}

Word Count ; 4294

Costa had completely kicked Todoroki's ass at fencing.

With every attack, she had a block and a counterattack ready. She was way too fast for him to keep up with and he'd never landed a single hit on her the whole period. Even knowing he was a beginner, she showed no mercy as she poked and prodded him with her fencing sword until Aizawa called all of them to put their equipment away and go change back into their school clothes.

Costa nudged Todoroki in the arm and he winced, causing her to bark out a laugh, "You good?"

"You poked me really hard with that last one," he rubbed a spot on his shoulder, side glancing at her, "How are you so good at it? Who taught you?"

Costa sucked in a breath, expecting the question to arise at some point in the day. She pursed her lips, stuffing her hands into her pockets as they walked across the PE grounds. He waited patiently, his silence letting her think as she began to form a reply.

"My father did, a very long time ago..." she said, trying to keep her voice steady as she spoke, "He was a hero in his prime and his 'thing' was swordplay."

"Was a hero?" he asked, his observant multi-colored eyes scanning her face as he asked, "Is he not a hero anymore?"

She swallowed, "No, he's not."

"And your mother? Is she a hero too?" they approached the double doors leading inside. Their classmates formed a clumped line, conversing with each other loudly, tuning out her and Todorki's conversation.

"Yeah, she was..." she trailed off, her throat feeling tight and dry as she avoided his gaze. He narrowed his eyes at her as her whole demeanor suddenly changed. She kept saying 'was' as if both of her parents had retired or something, but given how she avoided eye contact, she obviously didn't want to talk about it.

"So is your father quirkless? That's why he uses swordplay?" he asked, clearing his throat.

She shook her head with a small chuckle, finally looking back into his beautiful, unique, blue and black eyes, "His quirk wasn't very physical, he needed to use weapons to defend himself because his quirk wasn't useful in combat."