𝐭𝐞𝐧

𝐚/𝐧

𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲/𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐬𝐡𝐞'𝐬 𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐲 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐲 😍😍

𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐥𝐬 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐋𝐌𝐀𝐎𝐅𝐎𝐉𝐀

I awoke from my brief state of unconsciousness with my hands tied behind my back, a pipe behind me, and enabling me from moving; my mask was still intact on my face. I groaned a bit from the ache on my head from where that black-haired girl struck me.

What the hell happened?

I lifted my head to see people I didn't know. All of their attention was somewhere else as they surrounded the side of the room furthest from me, but even with their backs mainly turned towards me, I still saw their ashen faces.

I also saw the symbols on their clothing.

The Scouts of Paradise Island.

But wait...

Why the fuck were these devils sad? They're the ones that just fucking massacred a whole city.

With the stranger's attention away from me, I took in my surroundings, but when I took sight of the man that brought me under his wing right after my accident, I gasped.

"Zeke?!" I said loudly without thinking. The devil's attention slid to me now, but I only ignored them as my gaze was stuck on Zeke who had missing limbs that were starting to regenerate in a cloud of smoke.

"Ah, Nova. You're awake," Zeke said, his glasses shining atop his nose. I gaped at his nonchalance and the fact that he wasn't freaking out about us being fucking kidnapped right now. "How are you? Does your head hurt?"

"W-What?!" My head whipped from the strangers staring at me then back to Zeke quickly. "What's going on, Zeke?" I whispered as if the devils couldn't hear me.

"Zeke," a deep voice sounded from the crowd of strangers. He was smaller than most men, and he wore a green cape. His hair was black with an undercut beneath. "Mind sharing your big secret now?" The man only spared a glance towards me, suspicion in his eyes.

My eyes caught onto a boy with short gray hair behind him. His eyes were bloodshot like he was just crying. I looked away quickly from the pinch in my heart I got from seeing his devastated face.

"Oh, c'mon now, Levi! Relax a little," Zeke said casually, a smile on his face.

My body froze.

Why was Zeke being so casual with them? Was he...

"Don't start shit with me right now, we followed everything you and that brat said, now tell us that secret about her," the black-haired man said as he glared at Zeke.

"We followed everything you said." Zeke betrayed us.

"Zeke?" I said. The soldier's gazes turned back to me, looks of indifference and curiosity in their eyes. "What did he mean by following everything you said?" I asked, keeping my voice steady.

A look of guilt flashed over Zeke's face before it was gone as quickly as it appeared. He looked away and stayed silent.

A voice spoke up from the crowd, and a tall young man appeared. His hair was ashy brown, and it was shorter in the front while long in the back. "Your friend right there helped us with his and his brother's plan."