The taste of metal

(WARNING: There is no rape action but the subject is discussed).

The days passed and the tests multiplied. Most of the time the scientists would simply give you a shot of a hormone that will increase your chances of getting pregnant. According to the conversations, a 3rd generation synthetic was already designated for insemination. This idea disgusted and frightened you. You had to get out of there before it happened.

Deacon came to see you when he could but he never heard from Nick. If you couldn't find him, you were resigned to leaving without him. Getting raped by a Synthetic for the sake of science was not in your plans. Unfortunately, the fateful day arrived sooner than you expected.

You are led through several corridors before reaching a door. Gunder accompanied you this time along with another scientist you had seen assisting him a few times before and a first generation Synthetic.

Deacon... If you want to do a diversion, now is the time...

The door to the room opened. It was rather small and only had a bed in the corner. Gunder spoke.

- These will be your quarters for a while... The Synthetic will arrive soon. Just relax and think that you are doing this for science and the good of the Commonwealth.

You gave him an evil look which he ignored. His assistant continued.

- Thank you for your participation.

She removed the handcuffs. You wanted to try to escape but hardly had you made a step on the side that you felt the hand of the Synthetic which accompanied them close on your collar and throw you in the room. The door closed as you stumbled backwards and fell onto the bed.

You let out a string of curses as you pounded your fists on the mattress.

- If they think I'm going to let this happen...

You sat down on the bed. The room seemed to have a camera on the ceiling but nothing more.

- These perverts want to make sure that everything goes well.

The door opened quickly again and a man entered. He was rather tall with brown hair and hazel eyes, he was wearing the institute's uniform. You got up from the bed, ready to defend yourself as the door closed. You raised your fists in front of you and frowned.

- Look, I don't know what you've been told, but I'm not a volunteer here. If you come near me I'll smash your face in.

The stranger smiles at you.

- When they just offered it to me? That would be a waste...

Your heart leaps in your chest and tears blur your eyes.

- N-Nick?

He opened his arms, looking a little uncomfortable.

- Ta-da...

Your hands covered your mouth. The detective moved a little closer to you.

- I... I know this all sounds crazy but... It's me... Well, kind of...

You kept staring at him, tears in your eyes.

- I just... You're probably wondering how I got here... Well, I admit I was selfish. I arranged to be the Synthetic that was supposed to...

He cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck.

- I have no idea how to explain this without sounding desperate and perverted... I didn't want anyone to touch you... And I thought...

You rushed into his arms. The feeling was not the same. You could feel the warmth of his body and his smell. He returned the embrace, his nose in your hair.

- (Your name)... I can feel your warmth...

You raised your head to look at him. He seemed surprised by your reaction.

- To be honest I was expecting a slap... You understood what...

You closed the space between you and him with a kiss. His lips were soft and they eagerly responded, sliding over yours. Nick lowered his hands to your hips as you wrapped your arms around his neck, bringing your bodies closer together. You broke the kiss, staying inches from his lips, your breaths mixing.

- Nick... I was so afraid you were dead...

You let out a cry of surprise as he pulled you up by your thighs, forcing you to wrap your legs around his waist. He flopped down on the bed with you, his face in your neck. You blushed heavily, his voice echoing in your ear.

- I can feel them all... Your warmth, your smell, your skin...

He straightened up to put his hand on your cheek. His eyes sparkling as he looked at you.

- I had forgotten all this... Those memories were so far away...

You reach to put your hands on his cheeks.

- Nick...

He spoke your name softly before kissing you again.

His hands roamed over your body, drawing from you a few small sighs of relief in the kiss

His hands roamed over your body, drawing from you a few small sighs of relief in the kiss. Soon his lips explored every inch of your body and yours did the same. It didn't matter where you were anymore. You wanted him and he wanted you at that moment, that was all that mattered. Your bodies mingled in a loving sweet embrace then you put your head on his chest, exhausted to have cried so much for so many days and exhausted by all these beautiful emotions that you thought you had lost with your late husband.