Chapter 3

Enjoy❤️

------------------------------

Side by side, Adora and Catra started on their way to the entrance of the school. Finn held onto their mothers hand tightly as they followed behind the two.

A silence had settled over the blonde and brunette. Though it wasn't exactly awkward, it wasn't very enjoyable either. They both wanted to break the silence but neither were sure how to, so they didn't attempt to speak to one another. Instead, they continued their walk through the hallways of the elementary school.

A few minutes later, the three arrived at the entrance of the school. Adora stepped ahead of the two magicats she had been walking with and pushed the glass doors open. She held the door open, waiting for her company to walk through.

"Thank you Adora"Catra thanked as she walked through the door, Finn filing through with her.

"Mhmm"Adora hummed as she let go of the door.

The two continued on their way to the bus stop. The silence that had been lingering around them was still there. Except one of them was finally ready to break it.

"So Adora, why did you decide to become a teacher?"Catra asked.

"Oh, well, I have a friend. Her name's Glimmer. Glimmer has a little sister. When we were teens and her parents had to stay late at work, we would watch and take care of her. Glimmer never really enjoyed it, but I did. And ever since then. I've wanted to work with kids. And I found that teaching was the best way to do that"Adora explained.

"Wow, you sound very passionate about teaching,"Catra said.

"Yeah, I am. I love it. Don't you like your job?"Adora questioned.

"I do. Working for a big writing company like Eternia Post has always been a dream of mine. But working as the owner of the company's assistant wasn't exactly what I had in mind,"Catra mentioned.

"Well, has your boss ever given you some sort of article to work on?"Adora asked.

"Actually, this morning she assigned me a project. Which she wants to be done in two weeks,"Catrina said.

"That doesn't seem like a lot of time,"Adora spoke.

"It isn't. Usually she gives people at least a month to get an article together. But I guess this was just another way for her to mess with me"Catra said.

The two paused their talking as they walked across a street. They continued down the block until they arrived at the bus stop. The three stood there together for a bit before Adora spoke up.

"Does your boss mess with you often?"She questioned.

"She does. And I have absolutely no idea why. She's been like that ever since I got the job. She just really doesn't like me"Catra said.

"She must have really bad judgment. I just met you and you seem like a nice woman Ms.Rodriguez"Adora mentioned, her voice a tad quieter than it had been before.

"Thank you Adora, You seem like a pretty decent person yourself"Catra spoke.

"And, you can just call me Catra"The brunette continued.

Adora opened her mouth to respond but was interrupted by their shared bus pulling up in front of them. Adora turned towards the bus to see that the doors had opened and the bus driver was waiting for the three of them to enter.

"After you Catra"Adora spoke, raising her hand up and signalling for the brunette girl to go first.

Catrina chuckled a bit before helping Fin onto the steps of the bus and lifting herself on as well. Once on the bus, the two magicats stepped aside to allow their blonde accomplice to board the bus with them.