Chapter 13 - Loved Ones

Aincrad Standard Time, 1:58 PM...Floor 3 - Forest of Wavering Mists

Third Person POV

???: "Ahhh..I haven't had any luck finding him on the first floor and second floor, I'll have even less luck in a floor like this one!"

Walking down one of the dark and misty pathways that were only brightened by the glowing trees and torches, a young girl that could only be described as absolutely beautiful could be seen. The girl had emerald-like eyes, long blond hair that was tied into a ponytail, long pointy ears, and was wearing a colorful outfit that could be considered a bit revealing to some.

Just as she was walking down the path, a bit frustrated on her situation, the sound of many footsteps could be heard. Curious as to what was going on, the blonde catiously headed over to where the footsteps were coming from, soon widening her eyes a bit as a big group of Forest Elves could be seen heading somewhere at very high speeds.

She soon found herself deep in thought, analyzing the Forest Elves for just a few seconds until they disappeared as quickly as they appeared.

???: 'Pointy ears, very white skin...could they have been players from ALO as well..? From their appearance, they seem to be Sylphs just like me, so maybe I could ask them for help.'

Deciding to take her chances, the girl soon started sneakily chasing after the Forest Elves as fast as she could in hopes of catching up to them, which didn't work at all as they were too fast. However, she still didn't give up, using the countless sound of faint footsteps up ahead to help her in doing so.

-----------------

Year of 2022, December 7th...

Aincrad Standard Time, 2:05 PM...Floor 3 - Forest of Wavering Mists

Rimuru's POV

It had already been around 20 minutes or more since the whole fight against the Falconer's group began, with me and Koharu trying our hardest to hold off the group of Forest Elves so that the two Dark Elves could fully focus on attacking the Falconer. Even though the Forest Elf reinforcements were thankfully a few levels lower than us, they did still end up having the advantage due to them clearly outnumbering us.

Currently, I had just finished off an eighth Forest Elf, quickly stopping to catch my breath.

'Just where are all these Forest Elves even coming from..?! Were we really this surrounded the entire time..?!'

Just as I was analyzing everything that was going on, another Forest Elf suddenly appeared in front of me, the Elf soon charging up a basic katana skill and quickly starting to bring it towards me before I had any time to react.

..*CLANG!!*

However, the Female Dark Elf that we helped, quickly rushed in front of me out of nowhere and blocked the katana skill with a sword skill of her own.

??? (Kizmel): "..Now!!"

Rimuru: "Right..!!"

I quickly started charging up one of my sword skills just as the Dark Elf suddenly let go of the clash and jumped back, this leading to the Forest Elf losing his balance. Just as the Forest Elf was about to regain his balance, I quickly appeared right in front of him and performed a critical 5 hit combo, this fortunately being enough to defeat the Forest Elf.

------------