Day 13.1: The President's Invitation

This happened before Nanase contacted Ayanokouji.

Because of the huge disappointment done by Kiriyama's large group and the six free groups that were assigned to stop Koenji from gaining points yesterday, that ended with a failure.

Nagumo changes his plan to confront Ayanokouji, instead on the final day of the island exam, he moves it one day earlier to save the last day, solely for Koenji.

He even assigned those free groups that shared the same table with Ayanokouji, to contact him as soon as possible, even by moving at night.

But bad news is that, Ayanokouji purposely missed his last designated area to mislead the first years from predicting his moves at the last minute.

This caused the free groups to be unable to get in touch with him, and asked permission from Nagumo to hold the task till the next morning, in which he approved.

The other years only witnessed Nagumo slacking off in this exam by playing on the beach and ordering his minions to do the work, but the third years knows that he's been keeping an eye on everyone on the island, especially those that he thinks has the potential to become a threat to him.

He doesn't need to do the plan himself since he's strategy mostly revolves around using his authority, that controlled the whole year with the palm of his hand.

By making a large group composed of all outstanding individuals, he no longer cares on who's doing this at that in any Task they'll cross. All he needs to do is lead his group to victory by giving orders to the third year students throughout the island, either for intel or delaying the other years by getting in their way.

Right after he woke up. He quickly does his usual routine which is checking the tablet but this time only the GPS search because the ranking chart has been prohibited.

"The most recent rankings yesterday were me in the first, that cocky Koenji in the second, third is the second year large group and fourth is the first year large group then the fifth is Kiriyama's newly formed large group."

Due to all the running after Koenji the other day. Kirimaya's group has joined Task by Task blindly just to catch up with that bastard while the other free groups are waiting for him in a distance but still couldn't stop that man.

The small group that Kiriyama merge luckily comes across a Task that gives a huge amount of points and manages to gain first place.

"Ayanokouji has steadily ascended to the top faster than I expected. From a nobody in the first week into becoming part of the top ten just after two days in the start of the second week."

So he's still aiming for the top despite hearing the warning from me firsthand. If he truly is an exceptional student that deserves the acknowledgement of Horikita-senpai, this time I will know. I still couldn't accept him until I witnessed it in my own eyes. The me, who accomplished lots of things including raising to Class A by my leadership, becoming a part of the student council, crushing the lower classes dreams by widening the points gaps everytime, having the fate of the whole year by my hand and lastly becoming the first student council president, who start in Class B in the first year, was not acknowledged by that man, who I only respected in the school. But a freshman suddenly emerges, who, aside from having quick feet and only has a good look, was suddenly acknowledged by Horikita-senpai without any further reasons.

I had spent almost a year observing that guy, but I still couldn't measure his capabilities. Even if he'll act like a fool as usual, I will force him to show it.

The time all the students' locations were shown on the screen. I noticed that a large herd of first year is currently encircling him. The circle is also getting small but it seems that there's a group that was delayed or should I say a flaw in the plan.

There's no mistaking it, Ayanokouji is their main target because of the bounty.

He's my prey you fools, I can't let you have him.

I then saw one of my free groups on the screen. I didn't waste any second and quickly contacted them because the small group is currently standing in the path he's heading.

•••

I was running hurriedly to reach the hole of their formation before it would be formed, but a small group of third year students were unexpectedly standing in my path.

"We need you to come with us."

I sighed first before giving my response.

"Why should I?"

I should not even ask about the details because the answer is clear since the beginning I stumbled on them. It only means one thing, Nagumo wanted to confront me.

Choosing which poison I'll pick from either of the two. I'll take the one that's facing me right now.

This current situation will delay my business for the first year. Nagumo must be thinking of using this once in a blue moon chance to measure my abilities, to prove if I'm worthy to be Manabu's replacement. So it's clear that he wanted to compete with me by the Tasks that are spread on the island. Even if I miscalculated and didn't expect him to choose violence, it's not like I can't protect myself and will change the tide.

"Nagumo wanted to meet you, fast."

I then stop resisting and answer with a nod. They turned their heels and moved in the other direction in which I followed them behind.

Adjusting the volume of the communication device, only enough for me to hear. The voice of Nanase was come out and says,

"They've stopped moving senpai."

•••

Seeing some unexpected group on the screen that is currently standing in the same spot as the target, Sakurako immediately orders them to stop pursuing Ayanokouji for now.

"We have another party in the area. Retreat for now. Wait for further order."