Day 13.3: Dangerous Duo

It was a pleasant day where the sun was shining brightly and the wide azure sky was clear. But it was the other way around for all the students throughout the island, the tension has gradually increased to each group, gathering as many points as possible before the curtain of the uninhabited island exam falls. We too, despite having a good footing in the rankings yesterday, needed to step up our gear for the last two times, to compete and have the chance to be part of the top three final rankings.

”Yosh, we can do this!”

I muttered to myself, clenching my fist preparing for the battle ahead.

The other group members then looked at me. Nishimura-san laughed while the other three just showed a smile.

“Let’s go, Ichinose-san~”

Nishimura-san then held my arm and then we started heading to the next task site, led by Hashimoto-kun.

I can pinpoint what the reason is but I noticed that both the boys and Kamuro-san are uneasy after Sakayanagi-san’s call just recently.

It drives me to the conclusion that they just received an undesirable news regarding something and still haven't processed it completely.

I wonder what it is all about?

Supposedly, me and Nishimura-san have the right to know about it because we, as well, are part of the group.

Sakayanagi-san must be up to something for not telling me about such information or it might be that it's not preferable for me to hear about it.

This all began on the ninth day of the exam, the time when I came back to them after being chased by the Acting Director and Shiba-sensei the other day. I got the feeling that they're hiding something behind my back and started keeping tabs on me all day, not giving me an alone time all by myself, no it's too rude to say that since they're only worried that another thing might happen to me like last time, but even so, things like accompanying me into the loo, always keeping me in the middle when we're traveling and some whispered or should I say group discussion that I'm being left out were too much for me to not be conscious about what's happening behind the scene.

I wanted to ask any one of them, especially Shibata-kun since we belong to the same class, but didn't because I'm expecting an order from Sakayanagi-san to not breathe a word about it specifically to me.

They have been scanning the surroundings from time to time, checking each sides and corners for whatever reason that is.

Also I haven't looked at the group's current points since yesternight.

We had only successfully joined one Task for the time-being because most of the sites we visited were already full. And our group also failed in the particular Task, so our points haven't grown aside from the arrival points in the designated area.

I then opened my tablet, navigating towards the group's profile while conversing with the group.

“Hey, Nishimura-san?” I called her,

“Hmm, Ichinose-san?” she responded,

“Do you guys have any plans for our stay on the cruise ship?”

I opened the topic about the things that each of us are planning during our vacation days. With this we can plan to hang-out or invite those that don't have one to fully enjoy it, instead of just staying alone in their room, wasting the rare chance of creating various memories in a luxurious cruise ship.

“Oh I remember that we're gonna check out the shopping corners with the girls then visit the pool afterwards.” Nishimura-san paused,

“What about you guys, Hashimoto-kun?”