Day 14: The Curtain Falls

Afternoon came, by only a single notification in each of their tablets, every student from first year to third year that was scattered throughout the island, then made their way to one particular spot, the pier.

The two-long-week uninhabited island exam will finally reach its conclusion and the final rankings will be announced which means the revelation of the top three groups together with the lowest five groups that will be subjected to expulsion in case they fail to pay a worth of 6,000,000 private points.

I also made my way to the mentioned spot while reminiscing about the fight earlier.

After I released my compressed emotions to the quivering Nanase, she also quickly suffered the same fate as Acting Director Tsukishiro and Shiba-sensei. The three of them then unconsciously lay on the sandy beach, basking in the scorching heat coming from the morning sun.

I can really leave them here and swiftly head to the Task site since I had already reached the first designated area, this place to be exact, or chased after the second upcoming designated area because the current time is 8:48 in the morning.

But not due to sentiment but more on logical reasoning, I pulled each one of them out of the sandy beach, then placed them to the nearest shade that would at least block the heat directly to them.

This should at least avoid them the risk of suffering from dehydration due to being basked from direct sunlight.

Then I made my way to the nearest Task site that I found on the tablet since chasing after the Early Bird points won't give me that many points, even if I'm the first one to arrive there.

After that, I participated Task by Task, not wasting any seconds there, making sure that I would gain enough points for all the trouble "she" had done for me.

I then snapped back in reality after setting foot at the designated location where the closing of the special exam will be held.

As usual, I carefully scanned the surroundings, looking for people that I am familiar with, in this diverse crowd.

I noticed that almost everyone present for the time being are definitely exhausted after living in hell for two weeks straight.

In the left corner of my eyes, I saw a group of third years looking at me with curiosity while having some constant whisper on each other.

I then glanced towards my left, where a group of first year students glared at me, containing burning hostility, albeit not having the interest of the reason why.

They must have not gotten over the planned ambush yet, which only led to an utter failure because of the intervention from Nagumo.

While still on the expedition of searching for familiar faces, I didn't notice a certain someone behind me that suddenly slapped my back out of the blue.

"...Uhm..?"

I nonchalantly glance at my side, only to find a glaring Horikita with her arms crossed.

What's her problem?

"What's up?" I just simply ignore the violence she did to me and greets her.

"So what was "that" for?" she sternly asked.

Ah. Horikita must be talking about the message that I told Sakayanagi to send to her. The message is that when anyone asks her a question, particularly if she and Ichinose did spend the night together, just answer yes.

I did expect her to trace it back to me but it should be after the rankings are announced.

I guess I underestimated her too much.