Pre-Twilight

1990

The ocean water deflected the sun's great glare into her eyes, is forced to look towards and ever growing jungle of vines, trees and darkness. The first thing that hit her was the sounds of birds, the sounds of the sea crawling onto the sand.

Megan pressed her toes onto the sand and wriggled them back and forth, feeling the gritty dampness between them was quite satisfying. She ran her fingers to the million grains of sand underneath her feet and felt a feeling of calmness wash over her.

Staring at the sea, marveling how the tide came in and took everything back with it. She wish that it would take her too. Closing her eyes, she pictured herself walking slowly into the sea water. It would be easy, it would be peaceful, almost serene.

She breathed in the cool air and she could almost taste the saltiness of the sea. Moreover, the tantalizing scent of the washed-up waves, coconut and pineapple are all mixed into one. The wind whipped her hair around her face, but she was too lost in her world to care.

As Megan opened her eyes, she amazed by how easily fantasy and reality intertwined at the moment. It was like continuing a dream after waking up, just like she was five years ago, woke up after her decades of sleep.

She dragged herself up and turn her head to the east. She once again amazed by the view, while the sky in the opposite direction was still dark, the dawn on the east side already broke. A mixture of yellow and orange on the horizon beneath a dark neon blue ocean of night had begun to peek out.

As the sun continuously rose, all of the purple and deep blue faded away, and the sun took its mighty position at the top of the sky, shining so very blindingly beautiful.

After Megan watched the sunrise, her mood lifted. Nevertheless, she still can't believed that she is now on an island that was not a place filled with only mere greenery, but an island inhabited by a variety of supernatural creatures, including herself.

She stood there for a moment and tried to figured out how she got to the island. A series of quick flashbacks of the moments she had with Rosalie and the horrible night she deeply regretted. Consequently, she have a usual severe headache, so she turn to the back, it seemed like a tropical paradise interspersed with golden buildings of various shapes.

Megan walk deeper into the island. Nowhere, the sound of the birds started to raise up. It brought freedom and happiness to the mind.
Continuing through the trees, she drown in her thought. Supposedly after she saw her mother's physical before this, she had guessed from the beginning but her blindness to the supernatural made her not see all that.

Her mother's unusual sharp gray eyes, all exhibited a characteristics best described as golden flecks speckled through the iris. The ears that were pointed at the ends and about the size of human ones. Megan felt unbelievable she missed to aware all that, moreover she also got those genetics from her mother!