Ch 56: The Sorcerer's Shadow

~A Few Days Later~

Morgana's P.O.V

Someone gave Uther the idea to particapate in this tournmant of course Maddie and I don't think it's a good idea but he's so excited. Maddie and I head to the arena and we take our places and once we get there everyone stands up and Arthur is surprised and Maddie stands in front of Uther's chair. I whisper to her "come on, Maddie, you can do it," she nods. Maddie says "it is my pleasure to welcome you all to Camelot, this is a contest like no other, it is open to all corners," I say "including our reining champion, the king," everyone claps and so do we as Uther enters the arena. I say "there are no rules, no weapons are banned," Maddie says "the last man standing takes the price, let the tournament begin," she sits down on Uther's chair and I sit down next to her.

(Maddie's Dress.)

Merlin's P

Merlin's P.O.V

Uther fights first and he wins, Arthur is up next and he also wins and Maddie claps and I smile since Kilgharrah is right she is the once and future queen. Gilli goes up next and he is facing a man much bigger than him and he beats the guy and I see him using magic and I look at Maddie and I could tell she figured it out and she still claps. Gilli comes out of the arena Gaius and I go up to him and Gaius says "let me look at that," Gilli says "no thanks," I say "Gaius, is our courts physician," Gilli says "no, I'm fine," and he leaves us. I say "Gaius, he is using magic," he nods and he says "I know."

~Later that Day~

Gaius's P.O.V

Maddie shows up and she looks at us and she says "Gilli, is using magic isn't he?" I say "yes, Madelyn," she says "if Uther catches him, he is done for he has to withdraw," I say "I agree." We look at Merlin and he says "I've talked to him but he doesn't want to, he feels just like I did before," I say "how?" Merlin sighs and he says "he said the same thing I've told you a long time ago," I ask "what?" Merlin says "that without magic, I'm a nobody," Maddie sighs and she hugs him and she says "Merlin, never think that again," he nods and after a bit he explains to us how Uther killed Gilli's father but even then his father didn't use magic and we sigh.

~The Next Day~

Merlin's P.O.V

Maddie is sitting on the king's chair and Morgana is sitting next to her and Uther wins, they clap and Arthur also wins and everyone claps. Gilli is next and he kills someone but he uses his magic and I look at Maddie and she looks at me and she shakes her head and I sigh. I see Morgana go in the tent with Uther and Arthur comes out and he looks upset, I see Gilli and I follow him to the weapons room and he says "I've never killed a man before, I just wanted to feel what it was like to be respected." I sigh and I sit down and Gilli says "but this, I'm not a killer, this isn't me," I say "you need to withdraw," he says "I'm going too," and I nod.

~The Next Day~

Gwen's P.O.V

We see Arthur enter the arena and so does Uther and they talk and then they nod and they start to fight. We see Arthur make Uther go down and he backs away and the king stands up and they start to fight again. Uther disarms Arthur and Arthur goes down and everyone gasps as Uther points his sword at Arthur and I look at Maddie. She nods and I want to ask her if she knows what's going on since Arthur could've won. Uther helps Arthur get up and everyone cheers and Arthur leaves. After a bit, Maddie dismiss everyone since the matches are over but something tells me that Maddie isn't happy about something.

~At Night~

My P.O.V

I feel someone shaking me and I open my eyes and I see Merlin and he whispers to me "I'm going to call Kilgharrah want to come?" I nod and I put my robe and slippers on and we sneak out and we head to the forest. Once we get there we say "O drakon, e male so ftengometta tesd'hup'anankes!" A second later, Kilgharrah shows up and he lands in front of us and Kilgharrah says "I was beginning to hope you'd both forgotten me," I say "I don't think so." Kilgharrah looks at Merlin and he says "the last time we met, you chose to ignore my advice and overrule me and made your sister do something she didn't want to," Merlin says "I'm sorry," Kilgharrah says "a dragon lord should not abuse their power," and we nod.

Merlin's P.O.V

Kilgharrah says "what reason do you have to summon me this time?" I say "you are a creature of magic and only a creature of magic can truly understand," Maddie says "Uther, is to fight a young sorcerer in the tournament tomorrow." I say "Gaius and Madelyn want me to prevent him from using magic, but if I do that there is every chance he will die." Kilgharrah says "your choice is a hard one young warlock, yet Madelyn, you like I must hold hope that Arthur will bring about a new age. An age where the likes of you, Madelyn, and I are respected once again. If he sees his father get killed through the use of magic, it will harden his mind forever." Maddie says "I agree with him, Merlin, Gilli, must not use magic because if he does, I might have no choice but to let the guards know, Uther can't die by magic."

My P.O.V

Kilgharrah nods and he says "to see one of your kin die is never an easy thing, but all great struggles demand a sacrifice, I am sorry young warlock, high priestess, I wish I had some words to help you." Merlin says "some choices are easy some live with your forever," and we thank Kilgharrah and we leave him.

~The Next Day~

Still My P.O.V

Arthur sits on Uther's sit while I sit next to him and we clap when we see Uther enter and I whisper to Arthur "I didn't want him to compete either," Arthur says "I know." I see Gilli use some magic and Uther's sword is stuck and I look at Merlin and he uses some magic to help Uther and they keep on fighting, after a bit, Gilli makes Uther go down. Arthur and I stand up and we see Gilli sword stuck on Uther's shield and I know Merlin did that and Uther pushes him away and he disarms Gilli and he wins and we cheer. Once its done I go up to Uther and I say "congratulations," he nods. I see Merlin and I mouth "good job," and he nods.

~At Night~

Arthur's P.O.V

Maddie and I are waiting for my father and Morgana once they enter Morgana sits next to Maddie and we ignore there conversation and we start to eat. Morgana says "and now you're champion once again, maybe you can give Arthur some lessons." I give her an offended look, father says "it is I who learned a great deal from our fight," Maddie says "it was an interesting fight," my father nods. Father says "he's a better warrior than you think, Morgana, it is Arthur who should have claimed the prize," Maddie says "so you noticed too, my lord," and he nods. Father says "because he threw the fight that I might save face," I try not to spit out what I drank and I say "you knew?" Father says "I have followed your progress with the sword since you were a boy, I know your abilities better than anyone, I'm eternally grateful. I hope when you are king and have children of your own, that they will offer you the same you did."

Merlin's P.O.V

Uther says "indeed we had the most satisfied outcome of the tournament was that Arthur's actions have shown me that he is now truly ready to be king." Uther rises his goblet and so do they and they celebrate. Once there done I'm allowed to leave and I go to Gaius's chamber and I sit down and I look at my food. Gaius says "I'm proud of you," I say "I don't deserve it," Gaius says "don't be hard on yourself," I look down and Gaius says "all right," he grabs my plate and he starts to eat it. I say "what are you doing?" Gaius says "you said you didn't deserve it, pity, it's delicious," I'm about to take my plate back and he slaps my hand and I look at him and he says "all right," he takes out another plate and he hands it to me and I say "thanks," and I start to eat.