Ch 76: The Secret Sharer continuation

Merlin's P.O.V

Morgause says "Alator, this is Merlin and Queen Madelyn," he looks at us and Morgause says "he's just a serving boy and she's the Queen of Camelot but he's the most troublesome serving boy, I ever known, I take it your time with Gaius was fruitful?" Alator says "Gaius, told me everything," Morgause says "so you know who Emrys and Hope are?" Alator says "indeed I do," he walks up to where we are at and he kneels in front of us and Alator says "not only do I know who Emrys and Hope are, I know exactly where they're at," Morgause says "then tell me," Alator looks at her and he says "never." He attacks Morgause with his magic and she is knocked out and the dagger falls down, we stand up and we take a step back. Alator says "Merlin, Madelyn, I am Alator of the Catha, I am honor to be of service." I say "you have magic," Alator says "I understand the burden you both carry, I have lived with it all my life, I have been shunned, persecuted and sometimes even hunted in ever corner of the five kingdoms, I understand what that feels like. But I share your hopes for I and others like me have dreamed of the world you both seek to build, and we would gladly give our lives to help the both of you do it," he kneels down and we smile. After a bit, we get out of there, Maddie and I head back to Camelot, once we get there we head to Gaius's chamber, we enter we sit down and Gwain leaves us.

My P.O.V

Gaius opens his eyes and he looks at us and he says "I'm ashamed," I say "why?" Gaius says "your secret I thought I'd protect with my life," Merlin says "Gaius, you could have died." Gaius says "but if Morgause had found out," I say "she didn't count on Alator's true loyalties," Gaius says "I worry that one day, I'll let you both down." Merlin says "our worry is Arthur," Gaius says "we can't tell him about Agravine," I say "he needs to know." Gaius says "we don't have any evidence and you've both seen how dear he's to Arthur," we sigh and someone knocks on the door, we see Arthur enter and we look away from him and we look at Gaius.

Arthur's P.O.V

I sigh and I say "I think I owe all three of you an apology," Maddie stands up and she whispers something to Gaius, he nods and she leaves but she won't even look at me. Merlin says "not to me, to Gaius," I say "yes, Merlin, will you give us a moment?" Merlin says "does that mean I get the morning off?" Gaius smiles and I say "yes, you can have the morning off to clean my chambers, polish my armor and launder my clothes," Merlin looks at me and he says "you certainly know how to apologize," he stands up and he leaves us. I say "are you all right?" Gaius says "I'm just glad it's all over," I say "I made a mistake," Gaius says "I've looked after you since you were a nursling, Arthur you should have known I love you far too much ever to betray you." I say "Gaius, who abducted you?" Gaius says "I couldn't say, but I'm certain it was about you and Camelot to help bring down the kingdom," I say "did they get it?" Gaius says "Morgause got nothing from me," I smile and I sit down. I grab his hand and I say "I'm grateful, but there's a matter that still concerns me, when you were asked about the sorcerer who killed my father you lied," Gaius says "I did, sire," I say "you admit it?" He say "I chose to protect him, I feared you would seek him out and execute him and that would have been a grave mistake."

Gaius's P.O.V

I say "the sorcerer did not kill your father, Uther was dying, he tried everything in his power to save him," Arthur looks down. I say "contained within this kingdom is a rich variety of people with a range of different beliefs. I'm not the only one seeking to protect you, there are many more who believe in the world you are trying to create. One day, you will learn Arthur, one day, you will understand just how much they've done for you," he nods. I sigh and I ask him "is something the matter with your relationship with Madelyn?" Arthur says "she's upset because I didn't believe you were innocent and how I let her down since she thought she had proven to me that not all magic is evil and how I already lost her." I sigh and I say "Arthur, don't worry, she was just upset once she calms down, she will forgive you trust me," he nods.