Ch 53: The Eye of the Phoenix: continuation

My P.O.V

Merlin asks "why can you never say thanks?" Arthur says "thanks? What for completely ruining my quest?" I say "it's a good job we were here, otherwise you'd be Wyybern fodder by now," Arthur looks at Merlin and he says "how many times do I have to get it into your thick skull? I am suppose to be doing this alone, and Maddie you know that." I nod and I say "I couldn't let Merlin comes here alone," Arthur nods and he says "true," then a wyvern appears and it's about to attack us but Gwaine takes care of it. We stand up and Arthur says "great, this just gets better and better, are Gwen and Morgana, here too? Are we going to have a surprise party?" Merlin looks at me and I sigh, I go up to Arthur and I kiss him and he calms down, I pull away from him. Gwaien says "there are move wvyerns on the way, we need to get out of here." Arthur says "I'm not leaving without the Trident," he stands up and he says "it was the whole point of the quest," he walks away and I follow Arthur and we hear Merlin say "do you want us to help you? Or do you want to do this alone?" Arthur says "Merlin," I sigh and they follow us and Merlin says "do you know where the Trident is at?"

Merlin's P.O.V

Arthur says "if I did, there wouldn't be a problem, would there?" I say "any clues you can give us?" Maddie says "Merlin, stop talking," Arthur says "this is a quest, Merlin, not a treasure hunt, right Maddie?" Maddie says "he's right, Merlin," I follow them and I say "look at this, looks like a throne room," Arthur says "if the Trident's going to be anywhere," I step on a trap and Gwaine says "watch out," he pushes Maddie and I out of the way and we end up in the throne room and we see the trap door come down and we are locked inside. We say "Gwaine, Arthur," but we don't hear anything and we start to walk towards the chair and we hear the Fisher King and he says "so, Emrys and Hope, you are both here at last," we walk up to the chair and we see him and he's covered in webs and he looks at us and I say "so you are still alive." The Fisher King says "for now," we hear noise and Maddie says "that'll be," the fisher king says "your friends courage and strength, I know, without their help, the both of you would not be here." I say "what is it you want?" The fisher king sighs and he says "I want an end to my suffering," Maddie says "you want to die." He looks at us and he tells us "I have been waiting all these years for the arrival of a new time, the time of the Once and Future King and the Once and Future Queen," he looks at Maddie. I say "we've heard this words before," he says "and you will hear them again, for that time is dawning and my time finally can come to an end."

My P.O.V

The Fisher King says "this is why the both of you were brought here, for this is not Arthur's quest, it is both of yours." We look at him and he says "Arthur thinks the price is the Trident," he lets it go and it falls down. He looks at us and he says "but the real price is something far greater," he stands up and he says "water from the Lake of Avalon. I have kept it safe for years, waiting for the right persons to come and that is you, you both are the chosen ones," I ask him "what are you talking about?" The Fisher King says "Albion's time of need is near, and in the dark hour, you both must be strong, for you both alone can save her. Your powers are great, but you will need help that is what I'm giving you."

Merlin's P.O.V

The Fisher King says "when all seems lost, this will show you both the way," we nod and we say "thank you," I grab the vile and I put it away. He says "I've given you back a gift, now you both must give me one in return." I say "but we have nothing to give," he says "I think you do," I take out the phoenix bracelet and Maddie says "if we give you this, you will die," he nods and we nod. We get on our kneels and we place the bracelet on his wrist, we look down and he's gone and we hear him whisper "thank you," and we sigh. Then we see Arthur and Gwaine enter and we stand up and Arthur says "Merlin, Madyeln," he pats me and he hugs Maddie. Gwaine hugs me and Arthur says "ah, look at what I found," he shows us the Trident. After a bit, we get out of there and we get back on our own horses and once we start getting closer to Camelot, Maddie says "well, we have to go, come on Merlin," Arthur looks at her and he says "copying me, Maddie?" She laughs and she says "bye Gwaine," he nods and we take off.

My P.O.V

We get back to Camelot I hand my horse over to a guard and I report to Uther how the mission was a success and I bow and he says "thank you, for taking care of that." I say "anything for the safety of Camelot," he smiles at me and I say "has Arthur arrived yet?" He says "not yet," I nod and I say "excuse me, sire," he nods and I leave the council's chamber. I head to my chamber and I take a bath and I , once I'm done someone knocks and I open the door and I see Gwen and she says "Arthur is back." I say "thank you, Gwen," she nods and I head to the throne chambers and I sit next to Uther while Morgana sits on his other side. Once Arthur enters Merlin stands behind him and Arthur shows Uther the trident and Uther says "Arthur, I don't know what please me more, to have in my possession such a precious artifact," Arthur hands the Trident to Merlin.

Merlin's P.O.V

Uther says "I have no doubt that you will one day make a fine king," he goes up to him and Maddie stands up and she goes up to him and she hugs him and they walk away. At night, I explain to Gaius what the fisher king told Maddie and I and Gaius says "it's form the lake of Avalon?" He looks at the vile and I say "that's what he told Madelyn and I," Gaius says "interesting," I say "you think?" Gaius says "well, it must have some significance," and I say "maybe, do you believe his warning?" Gaius says "well, we already know off one enemy within our walls," and I say "Morgause," Gaius says "her ability has grown, whatever the fisher king is right or wrong, we'd be foolish to ignore his words."