Ch 66: Arguing with Agravaine and Arthur's Promise

~A Few Days Later~

Narrator's P.O.V

Madelyn is in the library doing some paperwork and Geoffrey is there to keep her company, Agravaine enters the small library and he goes straight for where Madelyn is at and he clears his throat and Madelyn looks at him, she asks "can I help you with something?" Agravaine says "yes, I am here to tutor you," Madelyn looks at him and she says "excuse me?" Agravaine says "Arthur, asked me to tutor you," she looks at him and she says "you can't be serious, I am a very busy person, Agravaine and I don't need a tutor." Agravaine says "yes, you do, the traditions from La Luz Kingdom are very different from Camelot," Madelyn says "with all due respect Agravaine, King Uther himself tutored me, are you saying he didn't do it the right way?" Geoffrey looks at him as well and Agravaine stutters and he says "of course not," he looks embarrassed and he says "what I mean....do you know about about Nemeth?"

My P.O.V

I nod and I say "of course I do, La Luz Kingdom and Nemeth have strong bonds," he nods and he says "that is true but Camelot has a tense friendship with them. Had their been an opening for a more solid friendship between the two kingdoms this danger wouldn't exist. They could potentially be one of Camelot's firmest allies..." I cut him off and I say "Morgana and I are good friends with the princess of Namath. I don't think it's a tense friendship if Uther was willing to allow Morgana and I, with only a handful of guards, to attend celebrations in their kingdom." Agravaine says "yes, well the friendship would of sold alliance had circumstances been more agreeable," I give him a look and I say "you are not speaking of my marraige with Arthur, are you Lord Agravaine?" He says "it can be argued," I glare at him and he says "had the King, been unattached, Princess Mithian would have been a better match, politically speaking." I stand up and I say "are you questioning the former Kings decision? He's the one that agreed with the arranged marriage between our kingdoms. If he didn't agree he wouldn't have accepted it, if you know about Camelot's and La Luz's kingdoms relationship you would know why King Uther agreed to this!" I sigh and I give him a look and I say "do you know what my biggest concern is Lord Agravaine?" He says "what?" He scowls at me and I say "my concern Agravaine isn't so much your lack of respected on how you speak to your Queen, but your lack of understanding on Camelot and the events that surround her have really made me seriously question your insight into the matters that relate to our neighboring Kingdoms."

Narrator's P.O.V

Agravaine says "what?" He laughs and Madelyn says "if you can't understand why Uther himself agreed to an arranged marriage between your nephew and I, how can I expected to believe you understand the relations that Camelot has with its neighboring kingdoms." He is about to argue but Madelyn says "given that you have not set foot in the kingdom since Queen Ygraine passed, I am afraid I cannot trust your word of you knowing what's best for Camelot. Until you have proven to me that you know more about Camelot's enemies and allies, we have nothing else to talk about. But I assure you...I already have a grasp on who our enemies are," she gives him a look, he stiffens and he goes pale. Madelyn gives him a forced smile and she says "have a good day, Lord Agravine." She looks at Geoffrey and he smiles at her, he nods at her and she walks away.

~Time Skip~

Morgana's P.O.V

I see Madelyn sigh as she enters my chamber and I say "what's wrong?" She says "Agravine, treated me as if I don't know what I was doing and wanted to tutor me, also questions my marriage with Arthur. I don't trust him, he also disrespected me but I don't really care about that." She groans, she seems pretty upset, she looks a bit pale and I say "I can't believe him! Arthur has to know about this," she shakes her head, she says "he already has a lot going on Gina, anyways I just needed to tell someone," I kiss her forehead, I ask "are you alright? You look a bit pale," she smiles at me and she says "I'm fine," and she leaves me.

~Later that Day~

Merlin's P.O.V

I see Maddie come out of her meeting with the council members and she hold her head, she leans against the wall and I say "Maddie?" She looks at me and she says "hey, Merlin," she starts walking towards me but she falls down and I say "Maddie!" I run up to her and her eyes are close and I say "Maddie, please wake up," I pick her up and I carry her bride style and everyone looks at me but I don't care. Lyon sees me and he comes up to me and he says "Merlin, what's wrong with the Queen?" I say "I don't know she came out of the meeting room with the council members and she looked pale, I said hi to her and she said it back to me. She started walking towards me and she fainted," Lyon says "oh no," I nod and I say "can you take her to her chamber and get Gaius? I will let Arthur know," Lyon says "of course," I hand Maddie over to him and I take off.

(Pretend this is Maddie as she faints.)

~Time Skip~

~Time Skip~

Gaius's P.O.V

Lyon enters my chamber and he says "Gaius, you need to go to the Royal chamber and I look at him and I ask him "what's going on?" He says "the Queen has fainted," I grab my medicine bag and I say "let's go," as we head to the chambers he explained to me what Merlin told him and I say "I see." We enter the chamber and Madelyn looks very pale and I start to examine her, I check her pulse and I keep doing what I need too.

~Time Skip~

My P.O.V

I open my eyes and I see uncle Gaius, Arthur and Merlin, I say "what happened?" I try sitting up and he says "no, you need to rest, Madelyn. You can't keep pushing yourself especially in your condition," I look at him and I say "condition?" He nods and he says "you have been very moody lately according to Morgana, Merlin and Arthur," I start crying and I say "I'm so sorry," I have no idea why I'm crying. Gaius says "it's normal in your condition Maddie, your 3 months pregnant." I am shocked and I look at Arthur he smiles and he says "thank you, my love," he kisses my forehead. Merlin says "I am so happy for the both of you, I need to go and tell Morgana and Gwen," I say "Merlin wait," he looks at me and I say "you can tell them but tell them not to tell anyone else please," he nods. Gaius says "congratulations," he hands me a potion and he leaves us. I look at Arthur and I say "let's not let anyone else until later on," Arthur says "of course," I look at him and I say "promise me you won't tell you uncle yet," he looks at me confused and I give him a look, I say "Archie, promise me," he says "I promise."