Ch 67: Aithusa

~A Few Days Later~

Morgana's P.O.V

Maddie, Arthur, and Merlin left with some knights they are going to destroy a dragon's egg, well Maddie and Merlin aren't since they are the last Dragonlord and DragonQueen. Their duty is to protect the dragons and help them, when Gaius told us about the dragon egg Merlin didn't seem surprised at all and according to Gaius it's the last dragon egg. I sigh and I see Gwen, she looks at me and she says "my lady, do you need help with anything?" I smile at her and I say "no, thank you, Gwen, but please keep me some company," Gwen smiles and she says "as you wish, my lady."

~Meanwhile~

My P.O.V

I get on my horse, I look at Arthur and I nod, since we're going on a mission to destroy a dragon egg, it seems my brother knew about it. Since he didn't seem shocked when Gaius told us the story about the last dragon egg. I am going to help Merlin out since I don't want the egg destroyed since I'm a DragonQueen, right now, we are tracking down the person that stole from the vault. After a bit, we make camp and Merlin makes us dinner and he serves us, Gwaine says "I'm hungry as a horse," he serves himself more. Merlin is about to sit down but Arthur says "that's a good point, Merlin, have you feed them," Merlin says "what?" Arthur says "the horses," Merlin says "well," Arthur says "come on, they must be starving," Merlin sighs and he leaves us. I say "stop being mean to him," I glare at them and Gwaine says "Madelyn, we're just joking around," I look at Arthur and he says "what?"

(Maddie's Outfit.)

Merlin's P

Merlin's P.O.V

I finish feeding the horses, I head back and everyone hands me there plates and they tell me how the food was great. Maddie says "thank you, Merlin," I smile, Arthur says "if you're going to wash those, wash this as well," he hands me the pot and I say "thanks." Arthur says "hang on, there's a bit left, and he eats it and I say "good, was it?" Arthur says "a little bit salty, though," I sigh, Maddie hits all of them and she looks at Arthur and she says "you are being to cruel to him," Leon says "Merlin." I look at him and I see him show me a plate with food and they all laugh except Maddie. Once I'm done eating, I wash the dishes.

Arthur's P.O.V

Maddie comes up to me and she whispers to me "we need to talk alone," I stand up and I nod, we sneak away from the others and I say "what's wrong, Maddie?" She gives me a look and she says "we can't destroy the dragon egg, Archie," I sigh. She says "please understand me," she looks down, she says "I understand why you want to kill it, your thinking about when Kilgharrah attacked Camelot." She looks at me and she says "but Archie, do you blame him? He had been locked up and chained without any freedom, if you were in his position you would of done the same thing." I sigh and a tear falls down her cheek and I hug her. I say "you shouldn't have come on this mission, especially, since your pregnant," she looks at me. I sigh and I say "Maddie, I don't want to destroy the egg ok, but my uncle said we should, I came here to make sure it isn't destroyed that's why I said you could come with us. And about Kilgharrah I am not mad at him anymore, I understand why he did it and I forgave him a long time ago. I just wish to see him and talk to him once more," I kiss her forehead and we head back to the others. We set up camp and Maddie lays down next to me and we go to sleep.

Merlin's P.O.V

I close my eyes and I hear someone whisper "Emrys, Hope," I stand up and so does Maddie and we follow the voice since it keeps repeating "Emrys, Hope," over and over. After a bit, of walking we see the Druids and Iseldir,  he says "don't be afraid, we know your quest," Maddie says "how?" Iseldir says "the man you seek also stole from us, he passed through these woods not three hours before you," I say "which way did he go?" Iseldir says "to the east but you must be wary, Emrys, Hope, the legends tells a tale that only the druid, know," Maddie says "what do  they say?" Iseldir says "Ashkanavuis, was a wise man, he knew one day men would come seeking to disturb his rest, the triskeliun is not just a key, it is also a trap," I say "what do you mean? what kind of trap?" Iseldir says "I do not know but the legends are very clear, you must beware Emrys, Hope," we look at them. We're about to leave but Iseldir says "Emrys, Hope, there is one other thing the legends says," we look at him. He says "only when the way ahead seems impossible will you have found it," we leave them.

~The Next Day~

My P.O.V

We see some firewood burned out and Arthur says "he must of left in the morning," Gwaine says "no, horse tracks," Leon says "he's covered them," Merlin says "we had him, we were so close," we walk away from them. Arthur says "where are you going? We don't even know which way he went," I say "he's heading east," Arthur says "how do you know that?" I give him a look and Merlin says "because we can sense it," Arthur says "sense it, not a word I associate with you, Merlin." Elyan says "hang on, they're right," Arthur says "he can't be," Leon says "well done, Merlin, Lady Madelyn," we smile and Merlin says "have you ever heard of the word sorry?"

Merlin's P.O.V

Arthur says "no, is that another word you made up?" We start to walk and Maddie says "so stubborn," after a bit, we see the cave were we found our father at. Arthur says "its a dead end," Maddie and I look at the cave and I say "what about the cave?" Arthur says "we're wasting our time," Percival says "Arthur," we see a foot print and we walk in the cave and everyone takes out a sword except for me since I don't have one. Arthur says "Merlin, Madelyn, this is ridiculous, where's he heading?" Maddie says "there's light ahead," we walk towards it, and once we get there we see a waterfall and we walk through it and we are all wet and we keep walking. Gwaine says "no wonder no one's ever found it," after a bit, we see a tower and Julius hits Percival with an arrow and Arthur says "take cover," and we do, Arthur says "you all right?" Percival says "yup," Arthur says "where's he firing from?" We look at him and Arthur says "I'll draw the fire get him to safety," Arthur takes off and Leon grabs Percival and Arthur takes cover again. I look up and I see Julius, I could tell Maddie sees him too and she whispers "Arthur," he looks at us and we look up and he follows our eye sight and he sees him. Arthur takes off and Julius is about to shoot an arrow at him and my eyes turn gold for a second and his weapon is smashed against the tree. Once Arthur gets up there he says "what happened? Where did he go? Where has he gone?" We look around and I say "perhaps he ran out of arrows."

My P.O.V

We follow Arthur and Merlin passes him, Arthur says "careful," Merlin backs away before he could set off the trap. Arthur grabs him and Arthur says "who knows what he's left trying to bait for us," Merlin says "we can go round that." Arthur says "no, he knows we're coming," I say "that's a risk we have to take," Arthur says "we'll make camp, continue at dawn." We sigh and we do as he says, Merlin is making some food and he's about to taste it but Arthur tastes it and he says "Merlin, can you go get some more firewood, this is good, you got to try this," everyone comes over with there plates and they serve themselves and I leave with Merlin. Once we get back we see everyone asleep and Merlin says "all right, don't tell me it's to salty," they don't wake up and I say "typical," Merlin throws the firewood down and they don't wake up. Merlin says "well, if you think I'm doing the washing up," we see a small bag in the pot and then we hear Arthur groan, I go up to him and I place my hand on his forehead and I start incanting a spell and Arthur breath becomes normal once again. Merlin goes up to the rest and he heals them and I help him out. Once we're done we head to the tower and we see Julius climbing up the wall and we follow him, we see him opening a door and Merlin says "no."