fourteen: caught

"Jennie, care to explain where you were last weekend?"

Taehyung couldn't help but grin at the question, he knew from Jennie's look of dismay she wasn't used to getting such cold treatment from management. From what he could gather she was as perfect and well-behaved as YG's princess should be. 

Though instead of receiving a glare for his amused reaction to the situation, Taehyung was met with an expression that could only be described as pitiful regret from her. 

Even though they had only become acquainted less than a month ago he had learnt how to read her pretty well. 

The way she would methodically rub her knuckles when she was anxious or bite the inside of her cheek and pout her lower lip in situations of discomfort. And when she was happy she would smile till her lips curled above her teeth and the pink of her gums would be seen. 

Taehyung knew she was only truly happy when she gave that gummy smile, as in all other situations she would give a tight, thin-lipped smile. If it weren't for her soft eyes, a smile like that could be interpreted as a grimace in his opinion. 

But at this moment the only thing he could read was confusion and regret. No hidden glint of mischief in Jennie's eyes or a smile on the corner of her lips. It was like she could account for all that was wrong but didn't know what part she was in trouble for.

That was enough to confuse Taehyung too. 

The moment the question was asked Jennie could only imagine what her answer's consequences might be. They likely already knew the answer so there was no point in lying. Her weekend had probably come to the management's attention because the details were no longer privy to just those who could keep it a secret - or want to keep it a secret. 

As she looked over to Taehyung, still standing where he entered, unbeknownst to the incoming shit show. Jennie could only give him a look of pity. 

Worst case scenario, the perfect image they had worked so hard to build for their "relationship" would be shattered. Only making things worse for the both of them. And since they had finally made up for the most part Jennie was not ready to ruin everything over something so small.

"I was with Jongin, I went to go see him last weekend" she began, normally this wouldn't be a big deal. It wouldn't be a big deal if she wasn't caught that is.

"And you understand the implications that right?" the woman whose job it was to manage every aspect of this relationship scandal interrogated. Her voice was riddled with frustration while her patronising gaze was set on Jennie. 

"I understand considering the situation right now it was a bad idea," Jennie replied, trying to ignore the face of confusion Taehyung wore. 

"Yes, and you didn't think you'd get caught would you?" the woman askes mockingly, her harsh voice pervaded the room. 

She approaches the table in the centre of the room where Jennie sat, beginning to open a folder held previously under her arm. 

Soon a spread of images is revealed,  laid out one by one as if to harshen the blow of Jennie's misstep every time the paper hit the desk. 

While they were all virtually the same, all of her and Jongin standing out the front of his apartment complex, it was more than enough fuel to cause a fire. In this case, a metaphoric, massive forest fire. 

And as if matters couldn't get worse an obnoxious white logo with a yellow accent made its presence known on each image. The Dispatch logo.

Jennie could only wince at its presence. If a media outlet of its standing released these photos Jennie could only imagine the paragraphs upon essays of hate she would get.