selcouth

selcouth

(n.)

meaning:- strange, rare but yet oddly comforting

----------------------------------------------------------------------

recommended songs for this chapter:-

i. ammadi ammadi - desingu raja
ii. vaseegara - minnale.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashwin got into his car after a long day of shooting. He cracked his knuckles, sighing as he leaned back on the car seat. His mind wandered over the many thoughts in his head before settling on her.

It had been two days since his impromptu confession to Sivaangi. He missed her suddenly. He opened his eyes and searched for his phone. Despite his extremely tired body and mind, he called her. It rang a few rings before she picked up,

"Hello?"

Ashwin smiled immediately at hearing her voice, "Hi ma. Enna panra?"

"Ippo than Advik thoongina. Ennaku konjam work iruku. Neenga shoot la irukingala?"

Ashwin looked out of the window, "Ippo than kelambine. Un nyabagam vanthathu, phone panen."

Sivaangi smiled, "Ippo than en nyabagam vanthucha?"

Ashwin's smile grew, "Eppome yosichitu than irupen. But sudden ah un voice kekanum pola iruku."

Sivaangi felt the familiar butterflies erupt in her stomach. "Seri, ketutingala? Apo phone ah vainga."

Ashwin sat up straight, "Athellam mudiyathu."

"Yen mudiyathu?"

Ashwin cleared his throat, "Illa, ennakaga paatu padu."

Sivaangi was silently enjoying this sudden flirting and she said, "Advik thoongaran."

Ashwin sighed. He dropped his voice lower and he said, "Enakaga paada matiya?"

Sivaangi blushed profusely. She cursed him and his base voice. She was like a teenager again, blushing and giggling over phone calls.

"Seri enna padanum?"

Ashwin leaned back, "Athan situation ku etha mathiri neeye paduviya, paadu."

Sivaangi smiled, trying to ignore the heat in her cheeks. She cleared her throat, before singing,

Ennai naan pennaagha
Eppodhumae unarala
Unnaalae pennaanen
Eppadiyena theriyala

Vilagi irundhida koodumo
Pazhaghum velaiyilae
Vivaram therindha pin odinaal
Thavaru thaan idhilae

Yenadaa idhu yenadaa
Kalvanae badhil kooradaa

Ashwin felt like he was just drugged, completely drowned in the intoxicity of her voice and the way she took sharp breaths. His mind was going places and the rainy weather outside wasn't helping.

He silently told his driver to go in the direction of her house. Sivaangi asked, "Enna achu? Silent ah irukinga?"

Ashwin said, "Nee ipadi padina. Self control ah konjam sethukanum la?"