apricity

apricity

(n.) (English.)

meaning:- the warmth of the sun in winter

----------------------------------------------------------------------

recommended songs for this chapter:+

i. dhimu dhimu- engeyum kadhal
ii. iravingu theevai - 96

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you want to eat?"

It was almost 2 in the morning and Sivaangi was seated on the kitchen counter swinging her legs and Ashwin leaned forward. He had decided to cook for her, after many year.

Sivaangi hummed and she was in deep thought. She smiled teasingly, "Neikarapatti curd kurma."

Ashwin laughed, "Verum kurma sapduviya?"

"Akka kalila chapati panaga athu iruku."

He smiled, "Oru plan oda than iruka la? Seri vegetables la edu."

Sivaangi jumped off the counter and helped him with the veggies, working in silence before she asked. "Antha episode nyabagam iruka?"

Ashwin nodded as he stirred, "Eppadi maraka mudiyum."

They again fell silent for a few moments before he said very quietly, "I think that's when I realised I love you."

Sivaangi stopped chopping at his words and slowly looked at him. He didn't look at her still busy with the food.

"Naa onnu kekava?" she asked and Ashwin nodded. She set the knife down and turned around to properly look at him,

"What's love to you?"

He took a few moments before saying, "You," he said simply.

Sivaangi blinked, experiencing polarizing emotions. Half of her was feeling goosebumps from his simple yet profound answer and another part of her wanted to hear more.

"That's it?" she asked. Ashwin looked at her, his warm eyes boring into hers. He set down the ladle and said,

"Naa college padikumbothu, I fell in love with my senior. Love ah illaynu therila but antha time la it seemed like love. She left me after she finished her course because I couldn't catch up. Avaluku rn mela nambikai illa, especially naa cinema ulla poporenu. So she left me."

He turned towards the stone, "Romba naaluku enala maraka mudiyuala. Aana I realised I was just in love with the idea of being with her, not her."

Sivaangi didn't say anything and he said, "I don't remember her name now. Then I met you. You were.."

He stopped in his tracks like he couldn't express the magnitude of his love for her. He sighed, "You were magic. En mela ennaku irukara nambikai ah vida nee en mela nambikai vecha. And when you cried for me on that episode.." he trailed off again and met her eyes,

"Angeye naa flat uh," he said and Sivaangi smiled lightly.

He continued, "Intha 10 varusham nee illatha pothu, I could've moved on. Illa, nee en kooda ilatha vali la, appadiye devadas mathiri airkalam."

He shook his head, "But ennaku athu perusa thonala. Ennaku u boyfriend ah lover ah irukarthu periya vishayama illa.."

He met her eyes again, "I just loved you."