tacenda

tacenda

(n.) (english)

meaning:- things better left unsaid; matters to be left over in silence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

recommended songs for this chapter:-

i. attention:- charlie puth
ii. malargal ketten- ok kanmani.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for coming short notice,' Vikranth said and shook Sivaangi's hand. She nodded sharply and glanced at Megha, her divorce attorney. On the other side was Arun, Vikranth's lawyer and Aditi sat in the corner.

Sivaangi breathed heavily and Megha asked, "I understand we're here to discuss the assets of Vikranth?"

Arun nodded, "Vikranth wanted to update his will. He wanted to discuss with Sivaangi what he wants to leave for Advik."

Sivaangi sighed, "Why should he discuss with me? He can leave whatever he wants to Advik, I don't really care about it. It's fine if he doesn't want to leave anything as well. What can I add to this discussion?"

Arun nodded, "I agree but Advik is a minor and also…"

He trailed off and Sivaangi raised a suspicious eyebrow. Megha tilted her head, "What is it?"

Arun glanced at Vikranth who nodded. He said, "Vikranth plans to leave 50% of his estate to Advik."

Sivaangi blinked in absolute surprise, "What? 50% of his estate? To Advik?"

When Vikranth nodded affirmatively, Sivaangi leaned back on her chair and scoffed. She shook her head,

"Okay fine. He wants to leave fifty percent. Why am I here? What do you want me to say about that?"

Arun said, "In that fifty percent, his house in Anna Nagar, beach house in ECR, the Andromeda Club, and the multiplex in Royapettah as well as…"

Arun looked up at her, "Vikrant Singh group of companies."

Silence took over the room before Sivaangi broke it off with a laugh of disbelief. She looked at Vikranth, "No."

"What do you mean no?"

Sivaangi fumed, "No, I'm not letting you give him the company."

Arun butted in, "Ma'am, respectfully, it's his will you cannot dictate ter-"

"I don't care! You said it yourself, Advik is a minor. He can't make important decisions like this for himself."

Arun said, "Well. When he's of age we'll let him take the decision. If he doesn't want it the company will go on to the next successor."

Megha asked, "Who is?"

Vikranth replied, "Aditi."

Sivaangi scoffed loudly and said, "This is ridiculous. Why don't you just give it to her directly?"

Vikranth eyed her, "Because I want to leave something for my son Sivaangi, why is that so threating to you?"

Sivaangi looked at him and he stared back as she tried to decipher what he was trying to do. Megha broke the silence,

"Okay. Hold on. There's a few things that needs to be cleared up here. Isn't the company inherited from your father Vikrant?"

Vikranth nodded and Megha said, "In that case, you cant leave it to Advik. You can only leave it if it was self acquired. Since this is ancestral property, the succession will go to your older brother first."