gunnen

gunnen

german. (n.)

meaning:- to find happiness in someone else's happiness

----------------------------------------------------------------------

recommended songs for this chapter:-

i. ariana grande (ft. the weeknd) - off the table
ii.  neethanda - enna solla pogirai

----------------------------------------------------------------------

A shadowy light cast upon the reading room of Sivaangi’s house. Freckles of dust swam through the amethyst light, causing her to cough. She crouched down to the last shelf of the bookcase, pulling out a dusty photo album, blue in color with the numbers “2024” etched on it in yellow. She opened it and was met with herself 6 years back, pregnant and glowing. A huge smile was on her face as she looked down at her belly and Vikranth was staring at her as well.

A faint smile emerged upon her lips as the familiar feeling of nostalgia flooded her chest, filling with a strange light. As she flipped through the photos she was met with an overwhelming feeling of, to her surprise, relief. The past 6 years were like living in a narrow hole. She was clouded by her own inhibitions, scarred with the matters of the past that she failed to recognize that the tunnel was long but small. It was suffocating to breathe, to look above her, to move past.

She glanced down at a photo of her and Advik, cuddled up in a huge armchair, laughing over god knows what.

Forgiveness, she learned, wasn't just accepting the other person for their mistakes but was also letting herself go of the pain she suffered. It was forgiving herself, because if she didn't who else would?

She closed the photo album with a thud, shoving it back in its place as she left the study room, the room now cast with a light flaxen color indicating the rise of the sun, mimicking the way she felt as well.

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Advik, school bus vanthurchu paaru. Seekiram va!”

Sivaangi watched as he trudged down the stairs. She quickly shoved his lunchbox inside his bag and helped him get it on. She grinned and extended her cheek as Advik planted a huge kiss on it.

“Bye ma!”

Sivaangi waved as she watched him get on. She sighed as she watched the mess around her and started to clean some of it when the doorbell rang. She jogged over and opened it only to be ambushed by a faceful of flowers. She blinked in surprise before the delivery man poked his head out from the top, “Flowers for Sivaangi.”

She stared at them for a few moments before taking it from his hands. “Thank you,” she muttered absent-mindedly as she was drowned in their beauty. It was a simple arrangement of pink Lilies, with currents of green flowing through them. She turned it around, racking her brain as to who would have sent it.

She immediately took out her phone from her pocket and dialed a contact number, listening to the ringing as she admired the flowers.

“Hi, Si-”

She cut off his deep voice, “Do you wanna tell me why I’m holding a bunch of flowers.”

“O-Oh?” Ashwin exclaimed in surprise, “I thought those were supposed to come this evening.”

Sivaangi delicately touched a flower, “No, it’s sitting in my living right now.”

“Really?” She could feel his grin through the phone, “So do you like it?”