Chapter 5: Stay

Elle's P.O.V

After Zayn rescued me, we ate dinner and I told him about myself, family included, he asked if he could spend a night. I said yes and showed him to one of the guess bedrooms. I also showed him the guess closet in his bathroom, it has a bunch of tooth brushes and towels in there for Guests. He said Goodnight. So I went to my room and cut out all my lights except my book light because reading helps me sleep without nightmares. I was reading this book called "Up High In The Trees". Its about a very curious and a very autistic boy. I've read the book about 3 times. It just really speaks to me. I think of the boy as an allegory for people who are treated differently because they have disabilities. I decided I wanted to listen to music so I took out my beats and plugged them into my phone. I put my bookmark in my book and put it on the nightstand next to my bed. I turned on my music and just sat there and starred at the wall.

I really wanted to go for a run after two hours of contemplating having an asthma attack and dying. I grabbed some shorts And a tank top. I put on roches then I grabbed my phone and headphones of my bed and ran down the stairs quietly. When I was down there I kind of asked myself If I wanted to leave a stranger Aline in house but I kind of trusted Zayn for some unknown reason.

When I got out side my apartment building I sretched a bit then I began running. Down a familiar path I used to run Down all the time. I was running at a stready pace. I ran for about an hour and thirty minutes. Then I made my way back down the same way I can to go home. When I got home I made sure to be quiet, but I heard yelling and crying from upstairs. I ran up the stairs and I walked down the hall to Zayn's room. When I opened the door Zayn was tossing and turninh. He was telling things like "Stop please don't take us. Please." My heart was sad but my mind was confused. But I walked over him and started to shake him to wake up but he began to cry harder and harder. When he didn't wake up I turned the lights on but he didn't wake up, so I got a cup and poured water on him but he still didn't wake up. Then I tried somethings that my mom used to do when I had nightmares. She would get a hot rag and put it on my stomach and hold me. So I did that and I climbed into bed with Zayn. He gradually calmed down. When he was completely calm I shook him awake. This time he woke up.

" Umm.... I know it must have been hell to wake me up but.... Um... Thank you." He said. He had a Lind of nervousness to his soft but still very raspy and deep. I also noticed he had an accent. I could if it was British or Australian.

"Its okay, but I just went for a fun and I'm all sweaty so I'm just gonna hop in the shower. " I said as I got from under Zayn.

When I was just about out the door Zayn called me

"When.... You um... like get out the shower can you like come back, please"