Chapter 1 - The night runner

"Shit!" 

Selena cursed under her breath as a bullet hissed past her, skimming the flesh of her right arm and the pain stings her system.

The sound of commands and police sirens didn't bother Selena as she rushed through the dark hallway of the art museum. She glanced behind her before hastily throwing herself out the small window and onto the third-floor roof. 

She fixed the hood that was hovering over her forehead before going up the thin outdoor staircase. The painting's price was taken away from it already as the small piece of paper lays in the masked thief's black jacket. 

Tugging onto the rope that was connected to an abandoned building just across from the museum, she quickly attached it to her vest and quickly threw herself forward. 

It was dark outside, making it quite impossible for the police 50 meters below to see the little figure that flew across the building with the thin rope attached. 

***

"The infamous night runner had once again set eyes on a piece of artwork at the art museum. Just an hour ago, the art price had been successfully stolen from its vault, and like every time, she disappeared into thin air. Police are shutting down highway roads, and neighborhoods as they search for the thief-"

Taylor twisted around to see Selena standing at the end of the living room with the TV remote control in her hands. "I was watching that," Taylor said, groaning as she sets her popcorn to the side. 

Selena was a mess. There was a small cut on her cheekbone and a bullet scratch on her arm. "There's nothing so interesting about watching reporter read out their scripts," Selena chuckled, on her way to wrap a white cloth around her wound.

"Hey, you're making fun of my job," Taylor claimed, making Selena laugh.

"Mostly,"

"And yet another one without me,"

"You help me plan the robbery for a week, I thought of giving you some rest," Selena smiled, slumping down into the couch next to the blonde girl as she rolls her eyes.

Looking down at Selena's body, Taylor pouted. "Can I see it?" 

Selena dug into her pants pocket and took out the piece of paper. "50K" Selena smiled, slapping the paper into Taylor's laid-out palms.