Chapter 2 - The escaped criminal

Selena - Pov.

Frank is an extremely stupid man. I don't know how he even got to the role of a mayor. He probably bribed someone for him to be able to run of it.

I was feeling a bit tipsy as I drove back home from the bar. It was so boring that I had to take in a few drinks to try and dissolve it.

Frank was the guy who ruined my whole life. He was the guy who killed my mom that night. He might not know I knew but I did, I saw him with my own eyes. I saw how he stabbed my mom right on her heart after raping her.

He was the reason, I became what I am today. A villain, a thief, that's what I am, and I'm not going to go back to that little innocent girl I am 5 years ago.

I wanted to do the same to him, I wanted to avenge my mother's death, but I couldn't. I can't possibly kill him, I steal, I don't kill, but I'll get him one day.

My thoughts were shoved away when I saw a ridiculously good-looking guy standing in front of a bar. I couldn't see his face very clearly, but I can tell he also saw me. His eyes were twinkling in the city light, making it hard for me to look away.

I wish I could slow down a bit, just to see his handsome face but it was too late. I already drove past him, and looking through the rearview, there was a small smirk that played on his lips.

He's the creepiest hottie I've ever seen. I thought, chuckling to myself.

***

"He's just so dumb,"

"What did he tell you?" Taylor asked, stabbing a piece of salad leaves with her fork.

"It's 200 million pounds," I quietly told her and she widened her eyes.

"That's- why did he tell the whole country-?!"

"I know right, anyone could've planned to steal the stone," My jaw clenched as the idea flows into my mind.

"Yeah, but he must've had a lot of confidence in the bank that he even guaranteed it with his job,"

"So if someone manages to steal the diamond, he'll lose his job." A smirk entered my lips as I took a sip of the wine.

***

It was nine o'clock when I finally was able to shower and get some sleep. It's been a long day as usual. There were still police patrolling the city looking for the thief from last night. I kinda feel bad for the detectives that were taking the case, it must've been hard.

I stepped into the shower after stripping off my clothes. The cold water flows out of the rain head and onto my head. The coolness shocks my system as it flows down the rest of my body.

My mind travels to the 200-million-dollar diamond that was kept in a vault somewhere in the national bank. I remembered how Frank put his job into it, then how much Frank probably pays to even run for it.

What if I was able to steal it?

No, Frank probably knows that it's impossible for anyone to even do that. That's probably the reason he's so confident.