Learning the Power

"Yeah, my DnD group kicked me out after I started an argument about a continuity error in our campaign."

"No... to be discarded by your own, I too understand the feeling." The Chosen pats his new friend on the back once, reminiscing once more about Claire and... The Chosen shakes his head to get the thought out of his mind.

"I was living with the Dungeon Master, too, and he kicked me out after the argument," he pauses and rubs the back of his neck, "that's why I'm living in a tent."

"I see." The Chosen pushes up his sunglasses once more.

The two start to walk through the city in friendly silence, although the sound of rushing cars and buses filled the air between them.

Remington Todd took a look at his new 'pack member' as The Chosen puts it. He was buff but obviously quite young. The way he tucked his wolf print shirt into his trousers made him furrow his brows in confusion but, as The Chosen has accepted him as one, he was willing to let it slide.

They didn't know what they were going to do. The Chosen didn't really know he was going to end up at Chadville.  He thought it would end up the way he tried to run away in the 3rd grade.

And the 4th.

Okay and the 6th and 7th...

(The 5th was kinda alright)

But it didn't! He actually made it! His adventure was really coming into fruition, he was able to truly come home with a completed goal! The Chosen smiles at the ground.

This is where it all begins.

Remington Todd looks at his new friend and then looks around to see if anyone else heard what The Chosen said. Remington could understand the need to narrate everything though, he loved playing along with his old DnD group.

The shared smiles, the memories. The characters and the designs.

The times he wanted to strangle the cleric for not healing him. Ah, good times.

Now he's found a real partner! A real ally to play in real life! This was to be his most exciting adventure yet!

They make their way through the bustling city, pointing and laughing at things on the way.

A seagull lands on the top of a tower, its feathers ruffling from the wind. It watches the two as they happily waddle along.

"Is your name really The Chosen?"

The Chosen shakes his head, but does not reveal anymore. "I denounced my human name when I became part wolf. One with the moon."

"Cool." He nods, not fully understanding the meaning of his comment.

"Would you want to know my human name?" The Chosen looks at Remington Todd with curiosity.

Remington shrugs. "I mean, sure? Does it really matter?"

"Of course it matters!" The Chosen swats his friend on the shoulder, "your human name symbolises who you are. While your chosen name represents what is truly inside."

"Ah okay, cool, trans rights." Remington smiles, not really understanding.

"I used to be Spencer Agnew, friend of the moon."

There was a silence.

"Like, the entire thing... or...?"

"No! Obviously Friend of the Moon is a title! We really need to up your knowledge."

"Yeah... okay..." Remington glances at The Chosen with uncertainty.

"What? What is it?"

"Well, it's just, that name is kinda, unique, you could say."

"Uh Huh."

"And, well, it's kinda difficult to hear that name."

"...Yeah."

"Because that's the name of my roommate who left me to die out in a tent at the front of this town."

There was a pause...

"What?" The Chosen spoke slowly.

"He's the guy that kicked me out for pointing out a small detail that he created and forgot."

The Chosen freezes in his tracks.

"Y'know, he's the kinda guy to still Rick Roll people and then T-Pose afterwards."

The Chosen slowly turns to look at Remington.

"This man... resides where?"

Remington flinches. His aura... he wasn't kidding about his power...

Remington scratches the back of his neck, his palms suddenly sweaty, knees weak with heavy arms. He couldn't help but feel as if he was being described in an old, unfunny manner. "Oh, uh, Y'know, he resides..."

"Yes. But where?" The Chosen steps in front of Remington, forcing him to stare into his own reflection in his shades.

Remington sighs. "Just... I'll show you."