Chapter 13

Nick returned to see Lindsay looking around at the floor. He froze in the doorway. Her eyes immediately shot to his and stuck there. She was his magnet, gravity, an irresistible force. His concerned eyes looked over her face before returning to her eyes. "What's wrong? Did you lose your phone?"

She shook her head. "I was over thinking for a minute. So what is your Wi-Fi password so I can check my Facebook."

Her phone bleeped. She looked at her phone but didn't unlock the screen to reply.

"Well, can't have you deprived."

She waved her hand as her phone beeped again. "Come on, details."

"I'm not sure off-hand. I'll get it for you after I feed you."

She dropped her phone next to her. "Sure." She didn't even check the last notification. She wasn't telling him something. Who was she messaging?

He crossed the room with the plate of fruit and slid it toward her. "Who are you texting?"

"Jealous?" She raised her eyebrow.

He slid on the bed next to her and leaned against the pillows. "Curious," he countered. Nick didn't believe in jealousy, either she was with him or not. And she was with him.

"Cassie," she said, picking up the phone and placing it face down on her stomach.

"Ah, did you tell her about me?"

Lindsay's face turned red as her eyes flicked to her phone. "Yes." She put her hand over her phone.

"What did you say?" He teased her by creeping his hand toward her phone. He'd never invade her privacy.

She giggled. "That I was a bad girl."

"You were a very bad girl. And a good girl. Cassie married the guy she had the baby with?"

Lindsay looked at the roof while she talked. "Yeah, they had three more kids. You might have taught her sister, Ava..."

"I might have. She left town young."

"Her mom kicked her out. Cassie and Justin took her in." Lindsay picked up her phone and fidgeted with it while she stared at him. Nick raised his eyebrows waiting for her. "Ava is twenty-one and this might sound weird, but they, Cassie and Ava, they share Justin."

He almost choked, except there was nothing to choke on but surprise. "They share him?" he managed. "Like sex?"

Lindsay's head bobbled. "Yes, exactly. After Cassie had the fourth kid, her sex drive tanked. You can't tell anyone I told you this." She poked Nick's shoulder.

He pointed at the fruit. "Eat while you talk. I feel like I starved you all morning."

"If the alternative to food was what we did, I'll happily starve." With wide eyes, she grabbed a strawberry and ate it. "So, Ava didn't want him to cheat on Cassie and she has no intentions of settling down, so she offered herself."

Okay. If it worked for them. No way was he sharing Lindsay. "Sleeping with sisters? Cassie is almost as hot as you and I assume her sister is too. He's living the porn dream. Two hot woman worshiping his cock."

"Only one. Cassie isn't sleeping with him often. Almost as hot?"

"Almost. Who's jealous now?"

She stuck her tongue out. "Is that something you'd want? Two women?"

"You're more than enough for me."

"What if I wasn't interested anymore?" Lindsay waved. "Never mind. Lucky Justin fucking a twenty-year-old and keeping his wife and kids."