ꨄUnsettling feelingsꨄ

Chapter 25
"Strange Wanderer"
𖣔
M/R's pov

I After the private conversation with Bradley, I've been completely on edge. My memory? What did he mean by that?

I had sat quietly during the whole train ride back to Rush Valley, hugging my knees. A quiet curse left my mouth, was he going to use memory against me?

I hadn't even realised we'd made our way back to where Winry was until Edward and Alphonse nervously said, "Aren't we all happy today with its beautiful weather!"

"Ed! Al! M/R!" She smiled radiantly, waving.

"Heeey! It's nice to see you being prosperous in your business!" Edward grinned, waving a little fan around.

"You guys really never keep in touch! Why're you here all of a sudden?" She asked.

I looked up and instantly noticed a very terrifying smile emitting from her. I followed her gaze and saw that Ed's automail was broken. Ah, so that's why she's smiling like that.

A small sigh left me as I watched Ed get beaten to a pulp by a wrench. 'The poor thing is probably suffering from brain damage.' I thought, crouching down and poking at him whilst Al looked horrified.

Paninya jumped through the window, grinning. "It sounds lively, do we have a guest?" She asked the man who Winry was now working for.

He hummed and nodded, a hand resting on his chiselled chin. "Yep, seems like they're Winry's friends."

"Friends! That means Al, M/R and - "

Her eyes landed on the dying corpse laying on the ground, pointing towards it, " - Ed?"

"This thing used to be him." Winry huffed.

"You should cut him some slack, he's been through a lot." I spoke up.

"As if! He doesn't listen to anyone; he won't learn anything until I knock some sense into him!" She crossed her arms.

"Right.." I looked away.

Edward and Winry are close, they grew up together. I really shouldn't interfere, but something in me hurts seeing them so close.

After the baby being born a few chapters ago, Winry couldn't walk due to nervous exhaustion and Edward held and carried her. I left the room to give them privacy and sat outside, merely leaning against the wall and waiting for their conversation to be over.

It hurts, but what? I don't understand.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

I left Edward and Winry alone again as I sat with Paninya and Alphonse. My head was in the clouds, off thinking about what the two could possibly be talking about - not paying attention to the conversation happening right beside me.

"Well, what about you M/R? Have you gotten anywhere?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked over at Paninya, "Huh?"

Alphonse looked down at me, "You okay? You seem to have your mind on something."

"O-Oh, yeah, no worries." I sighed, scratching my nape. "It's just strategic thinking about what we could do next." I mumbled a quick excuse.

"Strategic thinking huh? That sounds cool!" The ex-thief grinned, "At least you're thinking ahead! Your partners are completely clueless!"

"H-Hey! At least we've gotten somewhere." Alphonse huffed, crossing his arms.