ꨄApple pieꨄ

Chapter 16
"Hey, wanna check out what I can do?"
𖣔
M/R's pov

We quietly walked back to the café where Winry was, none of us daring to speak of what had just happened. Edward broke the silence though, "I-Is your arm okay?" He stuttered.

I nodded whilst taking hold of my right arm, "It's healed. It's fine." I said bluntly, looking away. 

"Actually Ed, Al. I need to thank you both. For what happened back there." I sighed, smiling slightly with guilt-filled eyes.

They both looked at me questionably, "What do you mean, M/R?" Asked Alphonse.

I stopped walking and shook my head, "If you hadn't been there with me, I don't know what I would've done. Honestly, the thought of going back home was nerve-racking. The thought of seeing my mother is terrifying."

Edward sighed, placing a hand on my shoulder. "You- Why did you tell Al to not call the police?" He asked.

My lip quivered as I tightened the grip on my arm, "She's all I have left." I whispered, "If I lost her, then I'd really be alone."

A sigh escaped from the blonde next to me as he pats my back, "She obviously didn't think the same. You can think of us like family, though." He smiled at me.

'That smile. That's the smile that had lightened up my life a few days back. The simple gesture that changed me and made me accept who I was.'

I returned the smile and stood in front of Ed. He looked up at me curiously, I could hear Alphonse also stopping to see what's going on. "Thank you," I mumbled, placing a kiss on his forehead.

His face visibly went red at my action, causing me to chuckle at the reaction. "Let's go to Winry." I giggled, taking hold of both his and Alphonse's hand.

I didn't let him recover from the shock as I dragged them both to the café at the side of the station. Alphonse waved at Winry, "Hey, we're back!" The armoured suit said.

Winry smiled and waved back, "Hey! Uh, why is Ed so red?" She asked, confused at his flustered state. He touched his forehead once again only to feel himself heat um once more.

I rolled my eyes whilst smirking, "Oh, he's fine. Let's get going, hm?" I said. I then began pulling Edward and Alphonse towards the station, Winry following behind.

°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

Winry took the seat beside Ed, much to my dismay. I didn't mind taking a seat next to Al, though, it's just that there was not much room. Instead of sitting next to Alphonse, I sat comfortably on his thigh, playing with a trinket taken from home.

Edward couldn't take his eyes off of me, 'I can't blame him. No one can resist my grace.' I snorted, gaining a few looks.

Winry looked at me and smiled, "How was your trip back home?"

The atmosphere then became tense. Winry shifted uncomfortably and smiled nervously, "I mean...Forget I asked, haha. You don't have to answer that."

I nodded and returned the gesture, smiling back at her. She decided to change the subject by asking Edward why he wanted to go see his teacher. Edward leaned against the window, humming.