Let Me Go...(Chapter 2)

"Don't fall," the first boy says smugly from somewhere within the darkness with a scoff. I quickly let the second boy go and back away. I need a plan, if I'm going to get out. The phone! I need to find my phone!

"I can't even see her," the second boy says as his fingers wrap around my wrist, as I pull away.

"Let me go," I scream as I turn and drop to the ground, making him let my wrist go. I quietly panic as I franticly search the cold hard floor for my phone.

"Did she run away," the second boy asks as I feel him walk past me. The gust of wind that blows in my face, gives me chills. I stop moving and sit there in silence.

"Probably," the first boy says, as I hear his footsteps come towards me. They think I ran away, I'm fine, I tell myself. They don't know I'm actually just sitting here.

"We need to find her," the second boys says as I hear his voice begin to drift away.

"When we do the games will begin," the first boy says with a laugh as his voice seems to fade away as well.

I look around, trying to see if my phone had landed with the screen side up. I know it's pitch black, which means my phone would be clearly visible if it was. From a distance, I can see a very dim light, my phone! I have to get it!

If I can get my phone, I can call 911 or something. Even if I don't have a signal I can use it as a light. Because I can't just walk around in the dark forever, they'll find me.

I don't hear them anymore, so they must be gone now. Or a least gone from this area, I need to get the phone now before they come back. I don't know how much time I have till the screen turns off. If it turns off, I'll probably never find it, so I have to hurry.

I can't make any noises because I know they're listening for me. If I do, they'll come back. I have to move fast though. I slightly sigh and flatten myself on the cold floor.

I decide I'll crawl close to my phone and then inch my way to it from there. But I have to get close enough, so I can grab it. I quietly crawl towards my phone. I'm trying not to make much noise. However my breathing seems to be very loud, echoing through the silence, it seems amped because that's the only thing I can seem to hear.

I finally crawl close enough to my phone and stop. I have to stop breathing so loudly. I'm almost positive, I'm not breathing loud, it's just that I'm trying so hard to be quiet, that it sounds loud.

I've almost got it, I tell myself. I inch my way about 5 feet from my dimly lit phone. It didn't give off very much light, it was going to turn off in a few seconds. It's fine I tell myself, I'm close enough. Even if it does turn off, I'm close enough to find it.

I inch my way about a foot closer and then stop. I'll just have to reach for it from here, I think as I stop moving. I look at my phone that is a couple of feet away. So close I tell myself, and with one last breath I start extend my arm.

I'm extending my arm towards my phone, when it suddenly is picked up. "What," I almost say in shock, but stop myself because I know that will only lead to more problems.

The boy with shaggy hair, presses the button illuminating his face. Damn it, if he shines it around, he'll find me. I stop moving and lay there in silence.

He looks at the phone interestingly. "I wonder who these people are," the boy says as he stares at my lock screen. I know what he's talking about.

It's my wallpaper of Emma, Shane and me. Shane is hugging me and taking the picture and Emma is behind us. My two best friends in the world.... I wonder what they're doing right now. I wonder if they even know I'm missing.

"What are you doing," I hear the first boy yell from somewhere in the distance.

The second boy looks at the wallpaper more closely. "I came back for her phone, I think she has a boyfriend, Jake," the boy say as he turns towards the direction of the first boy's voice.

I'm quietly laughing to myself when I hear this. Shane is like my brother. Shane and me definitely are close, but not that close. Emma loves Shane, not me.

"Well he wasn't a very good one then," the first boy says with a laugh from in the distance. "I mean who leaves their girlfriend alone in a state like that," he say laughing.

My quiet laughter stops. What is he talking about, I think to myself. I remember going to school..... But I don't remember anything after 8th period. And Shane left me somewhere, where were we? Where was Emma? Why can't I remember?

Who are these people, and why me?