Let Me Go...(Chapter 5)

It's definitely not Connor's voice.... So it has to be Jacob's. And by "her", I pretty sure he means me....

So that's why Connor put me in the closet....He helped me?..... Why?..... What does Connor mean by, they weren't there? They weren't where??? I need to talk to Connor again. Maybe then he'll tell me what's going on.

I'm frightened by both of them. I don't want them to know, I'm actually really really scared, but I'm also angry, so maybe if I act more angry, something may happen. Something good, maybe. I think Connor likes knowing he frightens me. I don't want him to give me that amused grin anymore, when my eyes are full of fear. I know it's going to be hard to hide, but I have to try.

Jacob's game, somehow I have a feeling I'm going to be playing this game whether I want to or not. Well I can't see what their doing, so I guess I'll just have to be quiet and listen, until Jacob leaves. I press my ear against the door, so I can listen.

"She's not on the second floor," Jacob says gruffly as he sits in a chair. "You have any luck, with finding her," Jacob asks smugly as he turns towards him in the chair.

"Nope," Connor says annoyed, "then again, I haven't been looking." Connor smiles at Jacob as he sits on the table.

Jacob glares at Connor, "are you going to help me at all?"

Connor looks at Jacob in disbelief before answering, "you want me to help you with this?" Jacob doesn't reply and stares at Connor with a neutral expression.

"Are you stupid," Connor yells at Jacob seeing he isn't going to reply, "do you realize what you did?" Jacob still doesn't say anything.

"Without me you'd both be dead right now," Connor yells. By both, does he mean me and Jacob? I wish I could talk to Connor right now. I have so many questions and very few answers. The fear of not knowing is going to consume me soon...

"Quiet," Jacob yells at Connor. "If you don't help me fine, but don't think I'm not serious about what I told you," Jacob yells. Serious about what I wonder? "I'm tired of you butting in," Jacob angrily yells as the chair screeches backwards, when Jacob abruptly stands up.

"Do what you want," Connor says annoyed, "I'm not apart of this."

"I will," Jake replies angrily," whatever I want," Jacob says giving Connor a smirk. Connor looks at him annoyed. "And you're not going to stop me," Jacob adds angrily with a laugh as he walks out of the room and slams the door shut, "Or else!"

A few minutes go by and I wonder if I should walk out of the closet. I heard Jacob leave, but I don't want to come out, unless I now for sure it's safe.

I still don't completely trust Connor, but he seems more trustworthy than Jacob. I think he can even tell me why I am here. I'm still thinking to myself when the door slowly opens. I don't know how I'll get him to talk, because frankly he still scares me.

"You can come out now," Connor says slightly annoyed as he steps aside from the doorway. I try my best to walk out, but Connor stares at me annoyed as he watches me struggle to walk forward.

"What, I can't help it," I say shocked that he's getting angry with me. Connor only sighs and picks me up again. "What," I say as he sets me down next to a chair. I look at him annoyed, "stop doing that."

He looks at me still annoyed, and then his expression softness. "I'm sorry you had to hear that, Jacob is an asshole," Connor says apologetically.

"It's fine," I say as I study Connor. Connor sighs, and looks away. "Can I ask you a few things," I say as he turns and walks away. "Where am I," I ask curiously. Connor continues looking at the door.