Let Me Go...(Chapter 4)

I walk forward a bit, and shut the closet door, careful not to turn my back to the boy. The boy just stares at me with no emotion showing. I press my back against the door, to relieve pressure off my ankle.

"It sounded like you fell pretty hard," the boy says observing my awkward stance.

I try to stand up straight, but my ankle hurts too much for me to fully stand up. I wince as realize I can't and I hate myself because I just showed him that I was hurt.

"So I was right," the boy says glumly as he slides off the table.

I want to hit myself for being so stupid. Now would be the prefect chance for him and the other boy to catch me. I shake my head and quietly reply, "no, I'm fine."

The boy looks at me surprised, "no, you can't even stand up right, you're not okay." I haven't looked at my ankle yet, so I can't tell, if I actually sprained it or not.

"I'm fine," I say again forcefully, as I take a few steps forward to prove that I am. As soon as put pressure on my left ankle, I'm falling forward.

"You are not okay," the second boy says annoyed, as he stops me from falling. I pull away and take a step backwards. "Let me look at your ankle," the second boy demands looking at me annoyed. I shake my head and back away more. "If I wanted to hurt you, I would've done it already, but instead I'm asking you to let me look at your ankle," the boy says with slight smirk on his face.

I back away in concern and a little frightened. The boy looks at me and his smirk quickly fades. "How do I know your not going to," I ask softly as I'm backing away. I'm not completely scared of the boy, but my ankle being hurt is proving to make me a bit more cautious of my actions and the way I'm going to handle this situation.

"Like I said, if I wanted to, I would've," the boy says in a reassuringly annoyed tone. I stare back not knowing if I should trust him or what.

It's true if he wanted to have hurt me, he could've done it and still could. I don't like that smirk he had on his face, but maybe I can get some answers from him. Because it's not like I can run away.

I sigh and reluctantly speak, "I think I might have sprained it." The boy smiles as he hears me finally give in. I just stare back with no emotion. The boy gestures to a chair on the other side of the room and I glare at him annoyed.

He laughs, "I'm just kidding, calm down." I stare back still annoyed and aggravated by his carefree attitude. The boy grabs the nearest chair and sets it beside me. "Sit," he says as he takes off his backpack.

I glare at him, "I know what a chair is for," I say coldly as I sit down. He looks at me apologetically and a bit amused. I carefully observe the boy as, I watch him dig in his backpack. He didn't have it earlier. I wonder where he went to get it. This backpack was dark blue and definitely not anyone's I knew.

He pulls out athletic tape. I'm wondering why does he have this. Why does he want to look at my ankle? Does he even know what the hell he's doing?

I'm lost in thought when the boy starts talking, "You need to take off your shoe," as he sits in front of me on the floor. I pull my leg up and carefully take off my shoe, even the slightest pressure is excruciating now. I wince as I finally get my shoe off, I take off my sock. I roll up my jeans and then put my sock in my shoe. I set my shoe on the floor and slowly put my foot down.

The boy gently grabs my foot and looks at my ankle. After a series of bending my foot and asking does this hurt, he finally comes to the conclusion that it is definitely sprained. "You sprained it, but if I wrap it you should be fine," he says to me with a smile.