Let Me Go... (Chapter 8)

"You can come or I can go and get you," Connor says looking at me amused. I gulp and slowly make my way to him. "Sit," he says gesturing for me to.

"I'd rather stand," I say as I look down at him. He grabs my wrist and pulls me onto the bed beside him. I quickly sit up and look at him annoyed, "I would rather stand." I try to stand up again, but he pulls me back down onto the bed.

He frowns, "how am I supposed to re-wrap your ankle, if you don't sit?"

I sigh and sit beside him. It'll be best for me to let him wrap my ankle. I mean it's not like it's going to hurt me...Will it?...I don't think so. He grabs my ankle and begins to re-wrap it. I sit in silence staring around the room.

"Done," he says letting my ankle go. I pull my leg towards me and stare at him curiously. "What," he asks looking at me.

"Nothing," I say staring around the room. Connor shrugs and walks to a door.

"Wait," I say getting up too.

Connor turns to me amused, "what, I'm going to go take a shower, but if you wanna come with me you're more than welcome too."

I glare at him, "nevermind." I hate his carefree attitude. I'm here and I still don't know why or how I'm here!!! And in the mist of all of this he actually thinks I'd do something like that?!?!!!!

"Stay here," he says walking into the bathroom, "or leave and go find Jacob, I don't care." He shuts the door and I sit back down on the bed sighing.

I lay down on the bed as I hear the bathroom door lock. Stay here in this room with this boy or leave this room and probably run into that other physco? I sigh, I'm screwed either way, aren't I?

What do I do? I don't know if Emma and Shane are alright.... Have my parents figured out I've been taken?.... Maybe they have people searching for me and all I have to do is wait until they find me.... I roll over burying my face in the comforter, or maybe they'll never find me....

I roll over staring into the ceiling, Connor isn't so bad... I think.... He's been helping me, but I can't let my guard down. He went to that dresser... Maybe he stuck my phone in there.... I should snoop around to see if I can find a clue or something even if it's not. Anything is better than just sitting here I think, as I get up and hobble to the dresser. Things would be so much easier if I hadn't sprained my ankle.

********

I lean my head under the falling water. Jacob, what the hell are you thinking? I sigh looking down at the water as it goes down the drain, if she wins and goes to the police you're entire family will go down with you.....

Why did you have to be at that club, I think staring down into the drain. I can't believe your friends would just leave you like that, I think grimly thinking back to what happened the other night. It all happened so fast, but even now he could just let her go.... I turn off the water sighing, like Jacob would even consider doing that. I roll my eyes, he's stubborn and doesn't listen to reason. I hope Samantha is smart enough to just leave, she shouldn't get too attached, which I already know she is, seeing as how she let me see her cry earlier. Even if she leaves and Jacob keeps his promise, I wouldn't have it any other way, I'm tired of Jacob doing things his way and never having to face the consequences.

I crack a grin looking down at the draining water, although Samantha should watch how attached she gets to me. I'm a bad man too, and I think she's forgetting that. I smirk as I shut off the water, I might just have to remind her, we're both bad guys.

************

I open the dresser and see my phone sitting directly on top of clothes in the dresser. Jack pot, I think reaching for it quickly and unlocking it to make a call. I dial Emma's number quickly. Please pick up I think, as I press call button and press my phone to my ear quickly. I hear no dial tone and a weird beeping noise. I take my phone away from my ear as I look down at the screen.