9 - 𝘾𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙎𝙩𝙧𝙤𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧

𝘐 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘱𝘭𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘳𝘺

𝘐𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯,

𝘠𝘰𝘶'𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘣𝘺𝘦

════════════════

Falling...

...Were you falling?

No.

He was.

Sapnap's glassy sodden eyes widened as they flashed across your vision.

You could see the tears in them gather together and bubble up, floating around the void defying gravity, leaving a trial as he fell further down into the darkness.

The last thing you could see was his brown eyes as they softened at the sight of you.

moments before the life was drained from them.

───────────────

You bolted up in bed, grabbing at the sheets beside your trembling body. You pawed at the sheets trying to catch yourself after you remembered falling within a horrifyingly realistic nightmare. Tossing and turning for hours in your bed, the heart in your chest was pumping a million miles per minute. Your eyes darted around the room in suspicion of anything out of the ordinary. 

The sun shone through the area, leaving the space bright and sunny as it blanketing the air with a coat of cozy radiance. It was an unsettling contrast to what you had just experienced in your sleep. 

You noticed the window was open, allowing for a cool breeze to sweep by and consistently flush the stuffy air out of your room. The tranquility in this secure space brought you back to earth, no longer feeling so overwhelmed by the tormenting dream you had just awoke from. 

Resting the urge to flop back down in the bed and stare at the ceiling, you sat up and steadied your breath. 

The gentle sway of the window curtains caught your eye. The cool summer breeze was pushing the fabric along with the wind. Rays of warm sunlight were peaking in, padding the floor with a thick layer of warmth. You glanced down at the sweet spot on the middle of your hard wood floor, smiling as you saw who was bathing in the light. 

Getting up from your bed you bent down and scooped up the cat in your arms. Scratching behind his ears, he responded by purring into the warm air around you. 

Always there for you, your attachment to your fluffy orange cat was immeasurable. Your fondness was clearly shown as you continued to stroke at and bury yourself in the cat's long fur.

After exchanging some nose kisses you gently set him back down and stepped to ponder out the window.

You still couldn't shake the feeling of something disturbing your peace. Assuming it was that nightmare you wondered what even happened in it to have tormented you such a great extent.

Focusing hard, you tried to remember your nightmare, but nothing came. It wasn't unusual for this to happen if you were being honest. You always had trouble remembering your dreams, the more thought you gave to it, the more difficult it became to recall it. It was the reason your dream journal hadn't been written in for months now— that and because you seemed to have misplaced it in the void, never to be found despite your persistence on looking.