3 - 𝙊𝙣𝙡𝙮 𝙔𝙤𝙪, 𝘿𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜

𝘚𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘪𝘴 '𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘦

𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘐 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘐 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦

𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘰𝘧 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘮𝘦 𝘤𝘳𝘢𝘻𝘺

𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦.

════════════════

George groaned, snatching the random tool you had picked up out of your grip and throwing it back on the table in annoyance. 

"I said non-cutting needle, not cutting needle." he emphasized, grabbing the right blade that was so obviously sitting right beside you. 

You threw your back against your chair sighing in defeat, just letting the man do his thing rather than being a hinderance. 

You felt bad for not being helpful to him but there was only so much you could do around here. Wanting to learn from your mistake, you asked him about your confusion. 

"There's a difference?" you asked genuinely, trying to study the difference between the two very similar looking tools. You were surprised he could even see a distinction; they looked practically the same.

He didn't look up from his operation, too focused to look you in the eyes. He answered you, though his tone was slow and far from sympathetic, dripping with sarcasm. 

"...Names pretty self-explanatory don't you think." 

You dragged your hand down your face with a groan trying to scrub away the growing impatience creeping up your sweaty figure.

"I meant in appearance, idiot." you sighed, rubbing your brows with your thumb and index finger in irritation. You wiped your forehead of beads of sweat with your forearm; today was not a easy day for you.

He wasn't usually this snappy towards you; you blamed it on the heat in this cramped blinding white room, letting it get to both of your heads as it was inherently distracting and irritating.

George knew so much information in the medical field and after working with him for a bit he assumed you knew just as much— but you didn't, and that's what frustrated you both. This was just information you wanted in your back pocket for emergencies, it wasn't your profession unlike him. 

He had high expectations that you would never meet, and there was nothing you hated more than disappointing those who thought highly of you. 

You felt useless next to him as he continued to practice stitching up an imitation wound on a silicon suture pad. You were supposed to be watching him, studying his precision but you felt unwanted; unneeded. 

With a huff you rose from you seat, ripping off your rubber gloves and tossing them in the trash. George was so focused he didn't question your movement as you slipped out the door of the infirmary unnoticed. 

You walked out into the halls, rubbing over your sweaty hands that had been stuffed into those skin tight gloves. You immediately went into the kitchen wanting to grab something cold to drink, settling on an icy glass of lemonade. You sat at the table alone, just trying to recover from your tense and painful study session with George.