11 - 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡 𝙈𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙈𝙚 𝘿𝙤 𝙄𝙩

𝘎𝘰𝘥, 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘧 𝘐 𝘴𝘪𝘯.

𝘐 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘪𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦, 𝘐 𝘮𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘨𝘢𝘪𝘯.

════════════════

Your sleepy body slowly crept down the dark hall, trying your best not to stumble over your own feet as you meandered your way back to your own room. Dream stepped by your side, walking slowly trying to match your sluggish pace. It was almost midnight yet he was still as energetic as always being much more attentive than you, eyes wide trying to make sure you didn't trip over yourself. He always seemed to be wide awake, up for anything. Did he ever sleep?

He insisted on walking you back, joking about making sure you didn't fall to the floor and sleep where your body landed. Honestly, feeling the way you were, you didn't blame him for thinking that. You'd be lucky if you could make it to your bed, you were dying to drift off to sleep right now. 

There was no idle chatter, just the silence of the dark night that filled the house; Chirping crickets, stirring ceiling fans, and the soft patter of footsteps from both you and Dream. 

You hands lazily rested by your side watching your legs do all the hard work. You could feel dream's hands hovering close over yours, swinging by his side as well. You wouldn't mind if he held them, you needed the stability.

Your mind sought more of the truth, drifting off somewhere more intimate; you also wouldn't mind if he held one because his touch was warm, soft, assuring, and

"Well..." 

His voice spoke up, reminding you that you were walking to your room rather than laying in bed, suffocating in your thoughts like you always seemed to find yourself with the way the past few days have been.

He opened the door for you after you just idly stood in front of it, mindlessly thinking about shit you would never admit to him. 

Your feet stumbled past him through your doorway, immediately circling towards the bed you collapsed on, drowning yourself in the sheets as you brought them closer to your shivering body, forgetting about the man still watching you. 

Dream didn't leave your doorway till he saw you get in bed, guess he was set on keeping his promise.

"Goodnight y/n." 

It was sweet, gentle, caring; you would've appreciated it more had you actually been awake enough to comprehend his words. 

He bid you goodnight in a quiet voice that easily got drowned out in your ears. Yours was barely a whisper.

"night..." you sleepily replied hardly even conscious anymore. 

And as the door clasped shut, you were out. 

Dream stood on the outside of your door for a second, running his stressed hands through his messy hair as he dragged out strained breaths he didn't realize he was even holding in. His dull eyes stared intently at the piece of wood, seeming like if he looked away for even a second it would disappear. His tense shoulders never slacked despite how his mind made it seem like his staring contest with your door made it seem like it would.