Part 25

CHAPTER 25: Control

Jeremiah drives carefully behind the line of cars moving with Kahn. My Father's guards drive behind and in front of him and the rest of my family. I lean my elbow on the console while Jeremiah still sits there, awkward and driving silently, "It's normal, Jeremiah." I tell him, he was embarrassed about what had happened in the cafeteria, only Mom diffused it well with the fact she had a similar situation with my Dad, but still gross. I did want information regarding their past-just not that kind of bloody information.

"Yes, I do know that." He mutters in the driver's side.

"I don't see you for days and you're going to refuse talking just because I turned you on. I'm flattered, why on earth are you embarrassed?" I ask him, facing his profile and batting my damn lashes at him, only it wasn't in a sultry manner. I wasn't done with my man. Dad was being a prissy pain in the butt.

"Would you stop? I don't want to talk about the fact your father suggested all the guys go on a gym trip with my boss's boss just so he can publicly kick my behind for kissing his daughter like that. I let it get out of my hand and honestly, I feel like I deserve a punch. What if it was our daughter kissing a guy? I'd kill him too." He blurts out, before scowling when my jaw drops.

"Oh, we're having kids now too? And a daughter you want to control-like that. When I was little, Dad refused any and all boys, just not you-why? Because your background was not like your parents. You didn't care for money, you cared about being my friend. Growing up together. If our daughter-if we have one-wants to play with boys too-would you seriously believe you could refuse that? Oh, and by the way, big guy, if anyone is wearing the pants in this relationship, it's me." I poke his burly arm at that.

He purses his lips, "That's-that's not fair, Adeline." He growls at me. He's forced to stop at the light, so I slap the upside of his head and point at him when he grunts and gives me a dark look.

"You still want to argue?"

He frowns, "I'd still say No." he mutters, I roll my eyes-not if I had anything to say about it.

The second we get to the mansion, I catch Irene lean against Gabriel, while Weston and Elijah step inside behind the multiple guards, along with Kahn, who Dad offers a coffee to while Mom helps in Kahn and Dean first. Amelia gives me a wide-eyed look while Jeremiah wraps an arm around my waist as maids come running onto the outside deck with platters of food. I watch William and Alexander move to pull a few of Kahn's guards to the deck and I hold in a giggle when Dean makes one of them grab my cat on the couch and move back towards him. Kahn looks happy just to be next to Mom and Dad. All before the doorbell goes again and while the others are preoccupied, I move towards the door, furrowing my eyebrows, before opening it to see some of Dad's old friends.

"Hello, Adeline." Finley Forthright stands next to his wife Iris, I look to Uncle Talon and his wife, Ophelia. Alister and Robert next to them, both giving me looks. While I catch Iris' twin brother looking towards me, and a Japanese fellow next to him.

"That's Adeline-she looks so much like Edmund." The Japanese fellow breathes out in shock.

Jeremiah steps in behind me, "I'll go get your Dad." He says, rubbing my back gently.

I numbly nod, "Come in, I guess."

"How are you feeling, dear? We were at the hospital too, but there were so many people, we thought we'd visit when you're back home." Iris tells me, removing her coat as two guards of mine remain situated close by, watching astutely. I side glance the black eyes of the man who freaks me out the most. While Alister and Robert fist bump me and nod to Jeremiah, who returns with Dad next to him.