Part 28

Reminder from previous chapter:

'Riddle me this, my little nightshade.

Fallen from Heaven, dallying in hell.
Tell me, my fair lady, I know I've done well.

Grandaddy's proud and my lover is too,
What will you do when someone you know will die in a fair few?
Tell Mommy Nightshade is fierce for you.

Die slowly, Creed, like Oswald did,
While Daddy takes to the stand to pay for your bid.
Love freely for Jeremiah, fall hopelessly for family, bathe in your blood in Celestial's halls.
While Mommy dearest turns on Cinderella at Creed Casting Balls.

Watch yourself clearly, watch every step,
Before I shower you dearly in the devils Academy Prep.'

Author's Note/Question: Hello my lovely readers, I just wanted to know how many of you actually like the riddles and if I should add more? Whether it creates good suspense or if they're so vague it's not even worth adding? My aim with the riddles is to get you interested for the next chapter, and the next after that. Hehehe, I also want to dedicate this chapter to inkedwords0511 for always helping me stay motivated! Thank you to everyone who votes, comments and reads! I couldn't have gotten this far without you!

CHAPTER 28: A Fickle In The Family Tree

"YOU BITCH!" Amber's voice never sounded so hell-bent on popping my eardrums while I'm tackled by her first, Easton right behind her, along with Alister and Philip. They moved in first, the house had never been so packed as I catch Gabriel give Jeremiah a sympathetic bro-hug, as did Anastasia and Irene, all of them were here, Jason and Reece holds open the doors for the maids bringing in platters of food. I embraced all of them, before seeing Nora outside the door, many conversed with Jeremiah, or at least tried to, he still wasn't in much of a chatty mood.

I step out, my eyes meeting hers, she rears her hand back and slaps me across the face.

Hard.

My jaw drops, "Okay, what the bloody hell was that for?" I ask her, eyes widened.

She grabs me by the shoulders and shoves me right against her, squeezing one arm around my shoulders and the other around my waist, "I fucking hate you, Adeline fucking Creed." She spits at me, sniffling. I smile, wrapping my arms around her.

"Interesting way to show it. Though, I did not want any of this to happen in the first place." I comment, she pulls back and cups my cheek, staring deeply into my eyes. Her hair was down in straight strands, she looked ready to kill me by this point, thumb brushing my cheek.

I smile sheepishly, "I'm sorry for giving you a scare. It was the professor, he was on that island-" She cuts me off with a deadpanned look.

"I know, it's on the news. What in the actual hell were you thinking, Adeline? Not only was that reckless and inconsiderate, but you put everyone through absolute hell, do you understand that? I went through hell trying to figure out what the bloody hell happened, trying to play detective, even sneaking into the head of police just to get documents, you bitch." She snaps at me, ripping me back into a hug. I pat her back gently, pausing when I feel freezing cold hands on the skin of my spine.