Healing the wounds (pt. 2)

It was really hard for Nikki to stop thinking about everything that happened to you. It's true that his life is as fucked up as it's always been, but maybe he found a mate in you. You both were having horrible childhood behind your backs. Also, he really liked you. So he went to some bar and ordered himself a shot of Jack Daniels as he always did. He was drinking solidly, while hating himself for everything that happened with him. He was thinking of himself as a mistake and that's why his parents didn't want him. He was just broken inside.

After yet another shot, he went to that place he found by accident. One week ago, he was as drunk as he's now. He was walking without any direction or idea where's he going. Then he sat on a bench and looked around. He was mesmerized by the town's view. So he had to remember the place somehow. And he did. As he was walking to that likable place he saw you sitting there. Maybe he went there earlier, for you've been visiting this place since forever. You should've been remembering if someone was there as well.

He hid behind a tree and waited for something to happen. Then you stood up and went somewhere else. He went to the bench and laid down there, looking at the stars. He was really surprised to see you there. He thought that you had been coming there before him, that's why you both had never met. Then he started thinking:
"Damn, why I had to hide behind that tree. I really wanted to see her. I'm such dumbass. But she wasn't even sobbing. I mean, I always cry. I'm a fucking crybaby, while she's just staring around like... I don't know. Maybe I shouldn't bother her anymore. But, she's so beautiful. Her (E/C) eyes are so full of life, yet she's probably dead inside. It's driving me crazy. She's driving me crazy. Damn, if I could talk with her more."

Morning. You still couldn't get Nikki out of your head. But you told no one, even your friend. You just couldn't take it anymore and when you saw your friend coming, you were excited to tell her.
"Hey bestie. I have something to tell you."
"Wow, I don't remember the last time you were excited. Tell me, I'm so curious."
"But please keep it a secret."
"Wow, (Y/N). Okay I'll keep it."
"I think I kind of..."
"Kind of?"
"I kind of like your-"
"YOU LIKE NIKKI?" She said out loud, making you jump from your seat.
"Sshhhh keep quiet."
"There's no one here, calm down. So, you like Nikki, huh?"
"Um- it's not because of our problems if you thought that. I just really found him kind of attractive."
"He's always been. But beware of your feelings. He's been with several girls and he was leaving them. I don't want you to be heartbroken, for my cousin is such-"
"But he doesn't like me."
"Are you sure?"
"I mean, yesterday I got up and left. Probably, he's thinking I don't like him."
"Nah- he probably went to his favorite bar and drank all the Jack Daniels in there."
"Oh, but why?"
"He's really hating himself. He's thinking that he's a mistake and that's why his parents didn't care for him."
"Poor Nikki."
"Poor you. I've never seen you crying. Are you okay? How are you living like this?"
"Let's change the topic, shall we?"

Then Nikki came. Your classes lasted like forever. But in the last lesson something happened. The class bully came to you.
"Oh hello loser. You got money? I'm hungry."
"Go away, Aaron." Your friend said.
"Who the fuck is talking to you? I'm talking with the weirdo of the class. So, if you don't want to give me money, I'm gonna take them from you."
"Who the fuck you think you are? The president?" Nikki said irritated.
"Wow, who are you, yet another new student who's gonna get beaten for a welcome?"
"And you? Yet another spoiled mama boy who doesn't know how to use his head?"
"Watch your mouth."
"You should watch yours. Now go and leave the girl alone."
"Oohhh, I guess this punk motherfucker really wants to fuck you." Aaron said, looking at you.

After those words, Aaron had to explain to his mother why his chin was broken. You watched the whole thing like some action movie, with some scents of romantic drama. No one had never defended you like Nikki did. Then Nikki came to you.
"Hey (Y/N), since when this motherfucker was torturing you?"
"Uh- I-I don't know." You muttered.
"I don't think he's gonna do it again."
"Thank you." You said looking down.
"You're welcome. I have to go guys."
"Oh okay, and Nikki, make sure you're gonna get (Y/N) somewhere else on a walk." Your bestie said.
"That's good idea. It's gonna be someday, but it's not gonna include you."
"Okay, you're both gonna walk without me."
"Hey Nikki, you forgot your pen."
"Oh, thanks (Y/N)."
You were blushing like crazy. Then you and your bestie parted ways. You went to your favorite place and watched the sunset. But you could never expect that this time you're gonna look at it with someone else.